Dolphins WR's

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:05 pm

They're dropping like flies in Miami:

Posted on Thursday, 08.01.13
Dolphins notebook
Miami Dolphins mum on Mike Wallace’s status; Brian Hartline hurting
By Barry Jackson
bjackson@MiamiHerald.com

An upgraded Dolphins wide receiver unit continues to be beset by injuries, which has forced management to sign three players in the past four days.

At least four receivers have sustained injuries in camp, and Mike Wallace also stood on the sideline for all of team drills during Wednesday night’s practice, for reasons the team would not explain.

Wallace participated in individual drills and appeared to be moving normally. Coach Joe Philbin refused to discuss Wallace’s status or why he did not play in Monday’s scrimmage.

What’s more, Brian Hartline did not participate in Wednesday’s practice and appears to be nursing an injury to his lower leg, in the calf area. Hartline declined to discuss his injury, saying his absence from Monday’s scrimmage “was coach’s decision — nothing to do with me.” He missed all of last preseason with a calf injury.

While his teammates practiced Wednesday, Hartline did light running and leg exercises. With Hartline and Wallace out, Brandon Gibson and Marvin McNutt were the first-team receivers.

Meanwhile, Armon Binns — who entered camp as the likely No. 4 receiver — was released by the Dolphins on Wednesday after sustaining a season-ending knee injury during Sunday’s practice. Undrafted rookie Jasper Collins also was released after trying to play through a hamstring injury for a week.

con't...

more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/01/3 ... laces.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dolphins WR's

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:59 pm

NFL Network's Jeff Darlington reported on Total Access Wednesday that Ryan Tannehill and Mike Wallace's on-field chemistry has been "a little bit slow to develop."
Per Darlington, the Fins are "not really concerned about that right now," and have their "fingers crossed." Coaches are optimistic Tannehill and Wallace will find themselves more on the same page when they begin playing together in the preseason. Miami faces Dallas in the Hall of Fame Game Sunday night. Jul 31 - 7:26 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5329/mike-wallace
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby ravendan » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:11 pm

To me this team has the look of a giant train wreck. Weakened offensive line. A bunch of overpaid high priced free agents. Wallace in particular has been underperforming. I'm not spending a pick on any dolphins this year. I have no interest in going up inflames with these guys.
ravendan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby wtr23 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:11 pm

I really don't see Wallace doing any better than he has in previous years, your best bet is to just avoid Miami WR altogether.Miller would be the only guy I'd draft from this team, and his current ADP keeps me from taking a chance on him.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Return to Football Talk