What to do about Percy Harvin? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

What to do about Percy Harvin?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What to do about Percy Harvin?

Postby Jason497 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:57 pm

I got Demaryius Thomas and his 12th and 13th rounders for my 2nd and 10th rounders.

A little bit more than I wanted to give up, but if I was going to compete for a championship this season it was a deal that had to be done. It's really a tossup whether Harvin is allowed to return kicks again following yet another injury, and without those points I like Thomas better anyway.

So I've essentially traded my 2nd, 7th, 8th, and 10th for a 3rd, 12th, 13th, 14th since last year, but my keepers remain top notch for a 20 teamer. The 2nd rounder is the only pick I'm sweating, by the middle rounds we are in IDP/Kicker/Lottery dart picks anyway, so my offense probably remains mostly the same while my IDPs and K take a hit. I'll just have to draft well in the later rounds and be vigilant on the wire.

I really hope a RB like Giovani Bernard or something falls to me at 9 to pair with Shady Mccoy, we'll see.

Thanks for all who read and replied to the beginning of this thread.
Last edited by Jason497 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to do about Percy Harvin?

Postby Jason497 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:18 am

Ended up getting Harvin back in the 5th round (9th after keepers). Went into the draft with no intention of getting him back because I was missing so many picks, but he kept falling.

So looks like trading for Demaryius definitely paid off, though I'm now left with pretty crappy receiver depth. Still, I think I did the best I could with what I had in the draft.

Unless someone on my team emerges, I'll have 5 keepable options for 4 keeper spots next year, so 1 will be trade bait/insurance.

Kaep, Shady Mccoy, Gronk, Demaryius, Harvin.

QB: Kaepernick, Carson Palmer
RB: Shady Mccoy, Shane Vereen, Pierre Thomas, Toby Gerhart, Leon Washington (gotta replace him, released a day after I draft him -_-)
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Percy Harvin, Vincent Brown, Nate Washington, T.J. Graham (see what I mean about the depth *sigh*)
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Brent Celek
K: Phil Dawson
DL: Demarcus Ware, Jason Babin, Olivier Vernon
LB: Daryl Washington, Navarro Bowman, Colin Mccarthy, Larry Foote
DB: William Moore, Troy Polamalu, Reggie Nelson
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous