Shane Vereen - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shane Vereen

Moderator: Football Moderators

Shane Vereen

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:07 pm

Gonna be interesting to see how they use him this season and how big his role is.

Shane Vereen has taken training camp reps both at slot receiver and outside receiver, in addition to operating as the Patriots' passing-back replacement for Danny Woodhead.
The Boston Herald considers Vereen the Patriots' one player behind Danny Amendola with the "best potential" to be a "breakout performer." Vereen "appears to be one of (Tom) Brady's safety valves" in practice, and has frequently been sent in motion, which the Herald notes Aaron Hernandez used to do. "Vereen could very well be one of the guys (playcaller Josh McDaniels) employs to help make up for losing Hernandez," writes beat reporter Karen Guregian. Vereen's baseline role is Woodhead's old duties, which offered flex value in fantasy leagues. Vereen's ceiling is to be utilized a la Darren Sproles, as a mismatch creator in the passing game and explosive change-of-pace ball carrier. Aug 2 - 12:10 PM
Source: Boston Herald

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6445/shane-vereen
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Shane Vereen

Postby murphysxm » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:57 pm

I really wish people would stop talking about him. He was my #1 sleeper RB coming into the year, he's not even a sleeper anymore....
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:01 pm

murphysxm wrote:I really wish people would stop talking about him. He was my #1 sleeper RB coming into the year, he's not even a sleeper anymore....

:-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Fantasyfballchamps » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:39 pm

I agree that Vereeniging is getting quite a name for himself this offseason. Beware of the names that get too much momentum during the offseason without doing much. I like Vereen but his ADP is climbing too high right now. <a href="http://www.fantasyfballchamps.com/idp-rankings">Fantasy Football IDP</a>
Fantasy lineup advice, individual help for your team by real analysts
http://www.fantasyfballchamps.com
Fantasyfballchamps
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:16 pm

murphysxm wrote:I really wish people would stop talking about him. He was my #1 sleeper RB coming into the year, he's not even a sleeper anymore....

He was mine last year but was injured all camp and allowed Ridley to pass him. ;-D

I think he will be used much like Woodhead was but more carries and catches due to the WR and TE situation.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby preeti222 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:49 am

I really like him.Vereen has potential to catch for 500 yards this season, given the Patriots' weapons.
preeti222
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 14)

Return to Football Talk