12 Man Team Crazy Live Draft:alot of Cowboys fans present - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 Man Team Crazy Live Draft:alot of Cowboys fans present

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 Man Team Crazy Live Draft:alot of Cowboys fans present

Postby ObeYsXeGianT » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:10 pm

So I did my first live draft on Saturday. I wound up with the 9th pick which I wasn't too happy with until the draft started going wild with the likes of Dez Bryant, Kaepernick, and Witten going in round 1 I somehow wound up with Doug Martin at the 9 spot which I was thrilled with. After getting Martin at the 9 you would think that I would be totally happy with my draft. But the live draft atmosphere was a little hard to keep track of and with the picks going so randomly I wound up accidently taking Luck over Ryan in the 4th thinking Ryan was already off the board, if not for that I would feel unstoppable, but that's why I am here: How did I do folks?
Weird scoring of 6pts for passing and rushing tds. 0.1 ppr. 2rbs, 2wrs, 1 flex. We had a rule where you had to draft 2k and 2def and supposedly keep them all season, but have since abolished that rule so I dropped the extra baggage since I feel so many teams in the league drafted poorly leaving a plethora of talent on the WW for me. I listed who I picked up for the k/Def I dropped instead of who I drafted because of this change - I would not have drafted the extra k for sure

Rd1 Doug Martin
Rd2 LeSean McCoy
Rd3 Matt Forte
Rd 4 Andrew Luck
Rd5 Marques Colston
Rd 6 Piere Garcon
Rd7 Cecil Shorts
After this I don't remember which round I got everyone but I wound up with:
Jared Cook
Ryan Mathews
Josh Freeman
Sidney Rice
Dwayne Allen
Fred Jackson
Vikings
Dan Bailey
Panthers
Kendall Wright
ObeYsXeGianT
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 Man Team Crazy Live Draft:alot of Cowboys fans presen

Postby taw856 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:47 pm

You lack a true #1 WR, though you have 3 startable WR pieces at least in Colston, Garcon and Shorts, plus a high upside guy in Wright.

You also shouldn't have taken Luck in Rd. 4 regardless of who was off the board at QB (he's fine as a starter, you can just get him much later), and you're weak at TE too.

All of that said, Martin plus McCoy plus Forte is absolutely BEASTLY at RB, and even Ryan Mathews could be a decent FLEX play if he can stay healthy, so my take is that you'll have trading chips to work with should any of your weaknesses become significant enough that you have to fix them. I'd figure out which team in your league has the worst RB situation, wait till the bye weeks start, and milk him for all its worth.

Mine: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=534918
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 183)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings