Round 5... WR3 or RB2? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Round 5... WR3 or RB2?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Round 5... WR3 or RB2?

Postby Papa Deuce » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:01 pm

10 team keeper league.... PPR
Every team MUST keep 4 people

My keepers: Adrian, Julio, Calvin, and Rodgers ( we can keep players as long as we want )

So, I know I have Julio and Calvin, but my drafting history is that I have bad WRs.... not that I want to, but I almost always do.

My guess is that other teams will hoard the best RBs, and the likely best available one when it comes to my turn to draft will be Sproles. ( PPR, so that isn't horrible, by any means )

But I think that there will a reasonable amount of good WRs.

These are the RBs I think will be kept

McCoy
Richardson
C. Johnson
Foster & Rice ( same owner )
Lynch, Martin, and Morris ( same owner )
Charles and possibly Murray ( Cowboy homer )

So with all those RBs being kept, would you shoot for a 3rd WR or RB 2 ( likely Sproles ) or would you even think about LaVeon Bell or Monte Ball?

My 1st pick, obviously is effectively a round 5 pick. And I am scheduled to pick 8th.
Papa Deuce
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 70
(Past Year: 27)
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Round 5... WR3 or RB2?

Postby Papa Deuce » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:32 pm

Anybody?
Papa Deuce
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 70
(Past Year: 27)
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Round 5... WR3 or RB2?

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:46 am

Moved to Draft, Trade and Waiver forum where you'll get better response.

Would help to know what the starting positions are in your league - gotta go with best player available but off hand I'd prob be looking to grab a second RB at this point.
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Re: Round 5... WR3 or RB2?

Postby duffoholic » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:58 am

Agreed! I think if Bush is around, you have to go for him; he should be PPR gold this year. Otherwise, you could do a lot worse than Sproles. Unless there is a guy at or above Roddy, I think you have to take a RB and, almost regardless of that, RB seems to be the way to go here. I mean, I wouldn't pass up Dez, Marshall, AJ, or DT but...
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
Posts: 827
(Past Year: 421)
Joined: 12 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Round 5... WR3 or RB2?

Postby Danower » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:30 am

Yeah, and even just having julio and calvin will be a great wr corp, no need to make it more stacked when rb is soooo weak. I might even draft two rbs back to back depending on what comes back around.
Danower
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 11
Joined: 9 Aug 2013
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Round 5... WR3 or RB2?

Postby Papa Deuce » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:58 am

Danower wrote:Yeah, and even just having julio and calvin will be a great wr corp, no need to make it more stacked when rb is soooo weak. I might even draft two rbs back to back depending on what comes back around.



You mean, weak as in what will be left on the board?

OK, starting positions

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 ST / D
1 K
Papa Deuce
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 70
(Past Year: 27)
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Round 5... WR3 or RB2?

Postby duffoholic » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Papa Deuce wrote:
Danower wrote:Yeah, and even just having julio and calvin will be a great wr corp, no need to make it more stacked when rb is soooo weak. I might even draft two rbs back to back depending on what comes back around.



You mean, weak as in what will be left on the board?


I think he just means that the position in general is weak; once you get outside the top 10-15 guys it is a total crapshoot. Gore, DMC, Miller, Wilson, Bell... they all have upside but also have a floor that is near zero. Rookies sometimes don't pan out, DMC is one more injury away from being a write off as is Gore and young guys who aren't established in their roles often lose the job to other young guys who come out of the reeds to break out (murray, Morris... etc.).
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
Posts: 827
(Past Year: 421)
Joined: 12 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Round 5... WR3 or RB2?

Postby bradleyk » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Obviously it depends on who's available when you draft. I take Brandon Marshall over Sproles. But I think in general for PPR I want Reggie Bush or Darren Sproles over Eric Decker or Reggie Wayne. I'm thinking RB2.
bradleyk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 148
(Past Year: 111)
Joined: 3 Oct 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Round 5... WR3 or RB2?

Postby rasmusDoh » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:32 am

bradleyk wrote:Obviously it depends on who's available when you draft. I take Brandon Marshall over Sproles. But I think in general for PPR I want Reggie Bush or Darren Sproles over Eric Decker or Reggie Wayne. I'm thinking RB2.


Fully agree.

Unless any of the top tier WRs are left or Graham i'd probably grab a good RB2
2013 roster (10-man PPR league)

QBs: R. Wilson, Romo
RBs: D. Martin, Sproles, L. Miller, G. Bernard
WRs: R. White, Amendola, Josh Gordon, Edelman, James Jones, Keenan Allen
TEs: Graham
K: Weekly
DEF: Weekly
rasmusDoh
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 670
(Past Year: 174)
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Round 5... WR3 or RB2?

Postby Papa Deuce » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:17 pm

rasmusDoh wrote:
bradleyk wrote:Obviously it depends on who's available when you draft. I take Brandon Marshall over Sproles. But I think in general for PPR I want Reggie Bush or Darren Sproles over Eric Decker or Reggie Wayne. I'm thinking RB2.


Fully agree.

Unless any of the top tier WRs are left or Graham i'd probably grab a good RB2



I think the best I can hope for is a low WR2, or High WR3, but there should be a lot of them if I go with a WR..... And TY.... I never wanted Reggie Bush before, but I might this year. Graham will definitely be kept, as will Decker.

OK, thanks all.
Papa Deuce
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 70
(Past Year: 27)
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bandoogie, basketballmj33, bisklimpkit, jrgodlewsky and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 23:33 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact