Round 5... WR3 or RB2? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Round 5... WR3 or RB2?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Round 5... WR3 or RB2?

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:42 pm

If Sproles is there TAKE HIM!!!! Seriously people sleep on Sproles but any RB that plays in an offense like that and is almost guaranteed to get you 70-80 catches is PPR gold. You will get a solid 8-10 points out of him just about every week; throw in a few more points rushing and a TD every week and you are looking at a borderline RB1/RB2. I think he will have around 80 catches, 1300 yards and 8 TDs this year which puts him around 16 points per game. Combined with the guys you already have and you would have an unstoppable team if they stay healthy.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Round 5... WR3 or RB2?

Postby Shark1225 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:15 pm

duffoholic wrote:
Papa Deuce wrote:
Danower wrote:Yeah, and even just having julio and calvin will be a great wr corp, no need to make it more stacked when rb is soooo weak. I might even draft two rbs back to back depending on what comes back around.

You mean, weak as in what will be left on the board?

I think he just means that the position in general is weak; once you get outside the top 10-15 guys it is a total crapshoot. Gore, DMC, Miller, Wilson, Bell... they all have upside but also have a floor that is near zero. Rookies sometimes don't pan out, DMC is one more injury away from being a write off as is Gore and young guys who aren't established in their roles often lose the job to other young guys who come out of the reeds to break out (murray, Morris... etc.).

I would definitely go RB, possibly even RB, RB; especially if you start 2 RB's, 2 WR's, and a Flex. Gore will be solid again this year, DMC will be great until he gets hurt. I was thinking along the lines of Wilson, Miller, or Ivory.
QB: BREES, Cutler
RB: TURNER, MCGAHEE, R. JENNINGS, Leshoure, D. Williams, Hillman, Hunter, Dwyer
WR: CRUZ, GARCON, Amendola, Edwards, D. Baldwin
TE: GRAHAM
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions