Who to keep? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who to keep?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who to keep?

Postby Cdoane83 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Who should I keep, Marshawn Lynch, Arian Foster, Jimmy Graham, or RG3?
Cdoane83
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who to keep?

Postby Cdoane83 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:02 pm

If you have no intentions of replying to the question, THEN DON'T LOOK AT IT!
Cdoane83

Postby m16a » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:11 pm

First off, welcome to the Cafe. If you stick around, use some good sense, contribute yourself, and appreciate the work of others, you'll do well here. We hope you enjoy your stay. ;-D Secondly, I've moved your post to the forum that specializes in these kinds of threads, our Draft, Trade, Keeper, and Waivers forum. You'll get a far better response here than in leftovers. Finally, I would suggest that you include as much information as possible, to help get your best response. Helpful info includes: league size, number of keepers, league rules, and whether you forfeit picks for keeping certain players. Hope this helps, and once again, welcome.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Cdoane83 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:18 pm

It's a 12 team, one player keeper league, and you do not have to forfeit any picks. I guess my main thing is I was set on Foster until his recent string of injuries and now I'm a little worried. Arian Foster has been on a slight decline while Marshawn Lynch has gotten better, Jimmy Graham should be the player he can be this year and I'm not sure about RG3.
Cdoane83

Postby duffoholic » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:37 am

For me it is Foster, hands down. I could sorta see Lynch too but that is about it. RGIII is easily going to be available in the 5th and should be available after 8 or 9 with the injury concern.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby mycuccismells » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:51 am

If you are just picking one player and they all are the same penalty to you then like duff said the only options are Foster and Lynch. Everyone is worried about the miles on Foster which i find interesting because Lynch has some good mileage on him as well. Foster has 1200 touches in his career compared to 1600 for Lynch. Even over the last 2 years Foster has 722 regular season touches compared to 651 for Lynch, so there is a bit of a difference but really its only around 2 extra touches per game.

Either way you cant really go wrong; you are splitting hairs when you start talking about the difference between the #2 ranked QB and the #3-5 ranked QB in the preseason. They all have some red flags but everyone will agree they will all be studs; but throw the other 2 options out the window.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:00 pm

In a 12 team league, most people would have Foster and Lynch already gone, so you're sitting in a pretty good position with either of them. I feel Lynch won't have as big a year this season, but Foster has a few left in the tank. I'd go with Foster myself.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby JerseyBearsGuy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:22 am

Do you know where you pick in the first round this year?

1- I agree on not keeping RG3 - Too much QB depth and huge injury risk this year.

2- If you have a top 5 pick in the first round this year, keep Jimmy Graham - You will get a nice back in the top 5 to pair with JG. (Also, this depends on who else is being kept and who your top 5 options will be.)

3-Keep Lynch or Foster if you have a later first rd pick, and, match him up with a stud WR or another RB and then build your team around these 2 guys.

I know I didn't tel you what to do, but it maybe gives you some more insight. It's kind of hard to gauge because no one really knows who is going to be kept and who is gong to be available.

;-D
A. Luck, M. Vick
A. Morris, S. Ridley, D. Williams, L. Miller, W. Mcgahee
B. Marshall, Julio Jones, S. Smith, S. Johnson, E. Royal, M. Brown
J. Thomas, G. Olsen
D. Bailey
Minnesota
JerseyBearsGuy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Response Team
(Past Year: 173)