Fantasy Draft Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Draft Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fantasy Draft Question

Postby Eragon13 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:56 pm

Ok, I have participated in a few mock drafts just trying to work some strategy out from the position in one of my drafts.
I got called many names and many curses because I drafted Brees in Round 1 then in Round 6 I drafted Brady. Now, first of all, is that a bad move? Secondly, wouldn't you draft Brady if he was still there in the 6th and the WR/RB options were not the greatest
"May your swords stay sharp" - Brom
Eragon13 Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fantasy Draft Question

Postby Broham » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:18 pm

I wouldn't draft Brees in the 1st round to begin with, but if I did and Brady fell to the 6th, the only way I'd draft him is if there became a run on QBs. Then I'd intend on trading Brady for a RB2.

Drafting Brees and Brady both will limit either your RBs or WRs to the point where you wouldn't be able to compete unless you trade.
Broham
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Postby Mr.Joshua » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Yeah, it's definitely a risky move to draft a 6th round player to trade. You very well may not find any takers, 6th rounds rb,wr & te can be huge ;-D
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 226)

Postby HairyHelmet » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:12 pm

I think how many teams are in your league makes a big difference when answering this question.

If 10 or less - I don't think it was a very good idea. Scarcity at QB will not be enough for someone to trade enough value for Brady most likely. I would also asume your depth took a hit due to the grab.

12 team - I'd say this is debatable. I personally don't have a problem with it especially if it is 6 points per pass TD. In that case I think you grabbed good value in Brady who fell too far and could pretty easily flip him for what your team needs down the road. I also am not against drafting Brees or Rodgers in the later first round. You just have to be confident that some of your picks later in the draft will hit. I personally like to load up on RB's late if I am taking the QB early.

If 14 teams or more - I believe it was a very good move. I'm sure you could get nice value from either, value that would be worth more than a 6th round pick.
1st $12 Team Return 2 Flex 6 TD pass Keeper -Yahoo Sunday Black n' Blue
1st $12 Team Return 2 Flex -Yahoo GRIDIRON MASTERS
1st $12 Team PPR 2 QB -Yahoo MeanAssStaleys
3rd $12 Team Return 3 Flex No Kicker -Yahoo Td's N Beer
HairyHelmet
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk