Bilal Powell - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bilal Powell

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bilal Powell

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Getting reps in training camp is important and so far Powell is making the best of his opportunity

Bilal Powell continues to impress at NY Jets camp
On Monday, Mark Sanchez led the best drive of the day in practice, but the big gain came on a Powell run. The duo ultimately connected on a 6-yard TD pass.
By Seth Walder / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, August 5, 2013, 10:46 PM

CORTLAND — Bilal Powell looks better and better with each passing day, especially compared to his fellow running backs who are either riding the bikes or haven’t shown up for training camp.

On Monday, Mark Sanchez led the best drive of the day in practice, but the big gain came on a Powell run. The duo ultimately connected on a 6-yard TD pass.

“I think Bilal (Powell) is probably one of the most underrated players in the league,” Sanchez said. “He’s a hell of a player and he’s just coming into his own, just trying to get comfortable, and he’s lighting this camp on fire.”

Powell was the player of the game in Saturday night’s Green and White scrimmage. “Bilal Powell I think has really stepped up and done a tremendous job for us,” Rex Ryan said.

RBs Joe McKnight (head injury) and Chris Ivory (hamstring) did not practice again Monday, and Mike Goodson’s whereabouts are still unknown.

When asked if he knew when Goodson would return to the team, Ryan said, “Not really,” before cutting himself off and saying, “I’ll just leave it as, I’ve said what I’ve said about him and that’s really all I’m going to say about it.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.1418429
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bilal Powell

Postby JerseyBearsGuy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:08 pm

He will start game one IMO.

He'll get all the work in practice and hopefully he'll get the chance to start. and if not, Ivory, when healthy, could be a beast!!
A. Luck, M. Vick
A. Morris, S. Ridley, D. Williams, L. Miller, W. Mcgahee
B. Marshall, Julio Jones, S. Smith, S. Johnson, E. Royal, M. Brown
J. Thomas, G. Olsen
D. Bailey
Minnesota
JerseyBearsGuy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Response Team
(Past Year: 173)
Home Cafe: Football