Auction Keeper Rules ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Auction Keeper Rules ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Auction Keeper Rules ?

Postby Jays Man » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:41 pm

I'm considering starting an auction keeper and need advice on the keeper rule I'm thinking about. Never been part of an auction keeper, but not finding one that fits what I'm interested in either.

Keeper rules I'm thinking about:

Any player (no limit as to how many) can be kept from year to year for a $5 increase in salary.

Each team has 3 franchaise tags they can attach to up to 3 players of their choosing. 1 5 year tag, 1 3 year tag and 1 2 year tag. These franchaise tags freeze a players salary at the rate they were purchased at auction. The downside to a franchaise tag would be that those players cannot be dropped and the team is committed to paying that salary for that many years. The only way to move a player with a franchaise tag would be to trade them for a player with the same tag (ie 5 year tag) with the same number of years left on it (5 year tag with 3 years remaining). It would be kind of like a no-trade clause on a player contract with a very slim margin of having them waive it. Franchaise tags can not be placed on players purchased off the waiver wire.

Waiver wire run as blind bids with a set dollar amount each team can spend during the season.

I'm looking to encourage long term keepers, but not to the point where some teams are so stacked long term that others have trouble catching up.

Thoughts?
Jays Man
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Auction Keeper Rules ?

Postby ImmeJor » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Jays Man wrote:I'm considering starting an auction keeper and need advice on the keeper rule I'm thinking about. Never been part of an auction keeper, but not finding one that fits what I'm interested in either.

Keeper rules I'm thinking about:

Any player (no limit as to how many) can be kept from year to year for a $5 increase in salary.

Each team has 3 franchaise tags they can attach to up to 3 players of their choosing. 1 5 year tag, 1 3 year tag and 1 2 year tag. These franchaise tags freeze a players salary at the rate they were purchased at auction. The downside to a franchaise tag would be that those players cannot be dropped and the team is committed to paying that salary for that many years. The only way to move a player with a franchaise tag would be to trade them for a player with the same tag (ie 5 year tag) with the same number of years left on it (5 year tag with 3 years remaining). It would be kind of like a no-trade clause on a player contract with a very slim margin of having them waive it. Franchaise tags can not be placed on players purchased off the waiver wire.

Waiver wire run as blind bids with a set dollar amount each team can spend during the season.

I'm looking to encourage long term keepers, but not to the point where some teams are so stacked long term that others have trouble catching up.

Thoughts?

$100 cap?

I like having a keeper limit, keeps parity in the league going from year to year in case someone hit it rich with some rookies or free agents. Think its healthy for the longevity of the league.
ImmeJor
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner