Who to keep? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Who to keep?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who to keep?

Postby fisherhouse » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:03 am

Just took over a team in a 16 team dynasty league. Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, DL, LB, DB, and FLEX (any position). Can carry a combo of 10 QB/RB/WR, 2 TE, 2 K, any combo of 8 def players. Non-PPR.

Current Roster:
QB: Locker, Gabbert, Foles
RB: CJ2K, Ridley, Tate, Ryan Williams
WR: Boldin, D. Moore, G. Jennings
TE: Finley, G. Olsen
K: Prater, Nugent
DL: Wake, Avril, Pierre-Paul
LB: Bowman, L. David, D. Johnson
DB: Burnett, E. Thomas

I have the number 4 pick in the draft. Some potential players I'm targeting are for my first pick are Bernard, Le'Veon Bell, M. Ball, and Austin. Looking to cut Williams, Foles, and Gabbert. No limit on how many players I can cut, but I think I inherited a fairly decent team. Most likely leaning to picking a RB up first. Any other players stand out that I should consider cutting?
fisherhouse
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who to keep?

Postby MRiH » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:24 am

Well I'd probably cut a kicker to get it down to 10.

I think your tough decision is on your defenders. I'd let go of a linebacker, either Lavonte David or Derrick Johnson. Their production is similiar but I think they can be replaced.
MRiH
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 76)

Postby jeffc12 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:04 am

I'd focus on getting Bell or Ball w/ that pick - Bell 1st - I think he'll be the starting RB for a while....not to sure on IDP stuff....I would get rid of a K as well - what's the sense in that?

help me out as well please....
viewtopic.php?t=535145
jeffc12
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 18)

Postby fisherhouse » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:42 pm

The kicker doesn't count against my other offensive player caps. I can only carry a max of 10 offensive players (QB/RB/WR). Right now I have 10, but even if I cut a kicker it doesn't give me an advantage as I can't fill the Kicker spot with an extra offensive player.
fisherhouse
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby duffoholic » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:59 pm

So your 10 offensive keepers are:

Locker,
CJ2K, Ridley, Tate
Boldin, Moore, Jennings
Finley, Olsen
And...? I would keep Gabbert too if you CAN keep 10 without any penalty. If, however, this affect when you get to draft... I would keep the cuts as you have them and maybe think about cutting Boldin too to replace him with a young Rec. like Hopkins, Thompkins or Patterson. It all depends how this works with draft picks though...
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby fisherhouse » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:25 pm

duffoholic wrote:So your 10 offensive keepers are:

Locker,
CJ2K, Ridley, Tate
Boldin, Moore, Jennings
Finley, Olsen
And...? I would keep Gabbert too if you CAN keep 10 without any penalty. If, however, this affect when you get to draft... I would keep the cuts as you have them and maybe think about cutting Boldin too to replace him with a young Rec. like Hopkins, Thompkins or Patterson. It all depends how this works with draft picks though...

In this league our TE's are counted separately from QB/WR/RB, it's a little weird, but it works I guess. There is no limit to how many I can drop/keep and I'm not penalized any draft picks for those dropped. So basically how our drafts work is you cut whoever you want and then draft your deficits. So if I'm happy with my team, then I don't cut anyone, but then I won't be able to draft either. If I only cut 3 players then after round 3, I'm done. Each year the commish resets your roster to the post draft roster from the year prior, so any players you pick up on waivers after the draft go back into the draft pool. After the rosters reset you submit your cuts and try to rebuild in the draft.

I did think about cutting Boldin. There seems to be a pretty decent availability of WRs in our player pool, but with 16 teams I'm not sure what caliber of player I could replace him with. I'll most likely take the best available RB with my number 4 pick which I assume will be Bell/Ball/Bernard. The guy with the number 1 pick will take Kaepernick as he is depleted at the QB position.
fisherhouse
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby duffoholic » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:01 pm

Since you don't gain anything by cutting him, there is no point. He could wind up being a solid WR3 or even WR2 if the stars align and in a 16 team league, I imagine he would be hard to replace. Keep Boldin.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions