Draft program / software - live draft & online draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Draft program / software - live draft & online draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft program / software - live draft & online draft?

Postby Cuffs » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:53 pm

Anyone have a suggestion for draft software that will let your league do a combination live-draft/online draft?

League I'm in always seems to do draft over labor day weekend, but we tend to have a handful of people out of town at that time. Is there a draft program option where the people who are there live can designate one person to enter their picks (announced live and entered by the commisioner) while the people who can't be there live can log on, see the picks as they are made, but designate their picks as if it were an online draft?

Anything like this or an idea that would solve this issue would be appreciated. Sorry if it's the wrong forum, but I didn't see what would fit this topic exactly.

Thanks,
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft program / software - live draft & online draft?

Postby crapshooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:21 am

I play in one league through RT Sports which allows us to draft from home
crapshooter
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:21 pm

I know draftdominator by football guys is pretty popular, it even lets you plug in custom scoring stuff and it'll rerank players automatically.

edit: sorry I sort of misread this, I thought you were asking for a draft program to assist with a live fantasy draft, not run one. My league always just uses the default draft rooms from CBS/Yahoo. One league I was in last year used a pretty fancy excel spreadsheet but I didn't like it much.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby telek » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:17 pm

My Fantasy League will accommodate this. I was thinking of doing our draft this way, but we couldn't get enough people together for the live draft part. As long as the commish is at the live draft and has internet access at that location, he can enter anybody's pick. And if the people who can't attend live also have internet access at the same time, they can see all the picks and make their own.
telek
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cuffs » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:24 pm

Thank for the replies. The draft went down yesterday, and I just made my picks by receiving an email each time it was my turn with an updated spreadsheet showing who had been picked since my last turn. Not ideal, but it worked OK.

I'm sure there's something out there that would work, but when you're dealing with a once a year, one time situation, it's not worth the effort. If we regularly had several out of towners, it would make it more worthwhile to test some systems and get the kinks ironed out. But in this case, it was an exceptional situation, so not worth the money or time.

Thanks, though.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Return to Football Talk