Jimmy Graham or Matt Ryan PPR Keeper - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Jimmy Graham or Matt Ryan PPR Keeper

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jimmy Graham or Matt Ryan PPR Keeper

Postby psuman316 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Got a huge problem I have no Keeper but have to have one. My only possible options are Jimmy Graham which would cost me my 2nd Round Pick or Matt Ryan which would cost me my 6th round pick. I have the 5th overall draft spot in a 10 team league and don't know which one to keep. I have looked at this thing from every possible angle and don't see much value in either of my options. The other teams keepers are Peterson (2nd rd) R. Bush (4th rd) J. Charles (3rd rd) A. Morris (8th rd) A. Foster (1st rd) Martin (5th rd) M. Lynch (3rd rd), then Kapernick (8th rd) and R. Wilson (8th rd). Please help
psuman316
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jimmy Graham or Matt Ryan PPR Keeper

Postby duffoholic » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:43 pm

Both picks are roughly where I would value the players. Personally, I'd rather have Graham at 16 overall... The positional advantage he gives it just too hard to pass up. If you really don't like either guy, can't you just keep a throw away player with a late pick?
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby tmoney26 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:56 pm

I like duff's strategy. Keep a guy with a late round pick and roll the dice on the draft. You might still be able to get graham but you may also have better options.

You know you have this question on the board 4 times? A little excessive I would say.
tmoney26
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 28)

Postby spread eagles » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:39 pm

In a 10 team league, you keep Jimmy Graham no question. There are 14 Qbs this year that I would gladly have as my starting quarterback and unless you have brees or rodgers the rest are not that far apart. Jimmy Graham on the other hand will be far apart from the other tight ends. If it was a 12 team league I would consider keeping ryan instead.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=535578
spread eagles
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 25)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions