Daniel Thomas vs Lamar Miller - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Daniel Thomas vs Lamar Miller

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby stomperrob » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:48 pm

Gonna be interesting to see how these two split the workload, starting to look like the dreaded RBBC, still gotta give the nod to Miller at this time

The Palm Beach Post projects Daniel Thomas as the Dolphins' "goal-line and third-down back."
Beat writer Andrew Abramson projects Lamar Miller as Miami's starter, but says Thomas is better in pass protection and has shown improved ball security after fumbling five times among his first 256 NFL carries. Thomas is a tentative, soft runner despite his 6-foot-1, 228-pound frame, and has always struggled in short yardage. We'd hold off on markering him in as a goal-line vulture. Aug 17 - 3:27 PM
Source: Palm Beach Post

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6522/daniel-thomas
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Daniel Thomas vs Lamar Miller

Postby Favre.com » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:44 pm

Barring something crazy happening in the next 2 weeks it will be Miller getting 18-22 carries a game IMO. Thomas is flat out terrible, and he has shown it. The Dolphins can say over and over that he will get 3rd down and short yardage looks and the competition is "close" but we all know thats to throw off the opposition and to motivate Miller to perform. I am confident in Miller as my RB2 this year.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Azrael » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:11 pm

Miller got the 1yd TD plunge. Miller is way more talented than Thomas and I'm certain is a bigger threat as a 3rd down back. This means nothing to me. The guy is getting so much hype though he'll probably go too early. I just think he might struggle some with how bad Miami's O-line is. They are awful.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby moose_ffc » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Miller is my hands down choice. Thomas had no one to challenge him previously and he failed every-so-spectacularly.
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:00 pm

Dolphins OC Mike Sherman calls the team's running back competition "neck and neck" between Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas.
The Dolphins are actually serious about this. Per reporter Adam Beasley, both Miller and Thomas would see "plenty of snaps" were the season to start today. Thomas hasn't put anything good on film through two NFL seasons, but Miller hasn't helped his cause by gaining just 37 yards on nine preseason carries. How he fares in Saturday's regular season dress rehearsal against the Bucs could be crucial. We'd still be stunned if Miller got thrown into a timeshare with "Fumbling Dan." Aug 20 - 3:10 PM
Source: Dolphins on Twitter

Per Rotoworld.

Also read that Thomas got 12 carries vs Millers 10 in practice.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Thefantasyguru2 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:22 pm

I would be real upset if Miller doesn't get the starting job and majority of carries.

Thomas is a decent back, but MIller has 100X more potential. Give the kid a chance and watch him run away with it.
fantasyfootballdraftboard periodnet - Fantasy Football Draft Boards for your Live Home Draft!(just like The League)
Thefantasyguru2
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby deltaboy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:43 am

Please suck Thomas so I can drop you!
deltaboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 30)

Postby Acrobat » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:55 am

Judging by the last preseason game, it looks like Miller will be just fine.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
Acrobat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 86)

Return to Football Talk