D. Richardson or R. Mendenhall WHIR (calling all experts) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

D. Richardson or R. Mendenhall WHIR (calling all experts)

Moderator: Football Moderators

D. Richardson or R. Mendenhall WHIR (calling all experts)

Postby spread eagles » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:02 pm

Cafe, I really need your help. I have to choose between these two guys in a stackable keeper league. Their contract length would be the next 3 years. I've gone back and forth on this one the past couple of days.

R. Mendenhall--#1 RB on a Cardinals team w/ a suspect offensive line. I really see him as the clear #1 there and he does have some 1000 yd rushing seasons under his belt. Reunited with Arians.

D. Richardson--love his breakaway speed, but Pead mixing in scares me.

I was really hoping that this week's preseason game would give me enough to go on to push Richardson in the lead for my final keeper slot...but the Rams let carry the rock on the first two drives. Richardson goes in for one play on the opening drive and takes a catch for 24 yds...then Pead comes back in.

This is a NON-PPR league.

Leave a link and I will help with yours.
spread eagles
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: D. Richardson or R. Mendenhall WHIR (calling all experts

Postby psuman316 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:39 pm

if it were ppr I would say richardson but since it is a standard league and mendenhall will get the majority of the carries i give him the edge
psuman316
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby quitesanemax » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:37 pm

At first I was thinking Trent Richardson and was thinking that was a no-brainer... then I noticed the D. Oh well, not going to be an easy one.

That is a tough call. Mendenhall is going to get more carries (probably), but Arizona has had such bad luck with RBs the last few years, who knows how long he will last. Everyone is saying that Richardson doesn't have what it takes to be the workhorse... Mendenhall has had injury problems. In the end, I think it really is a roll of the dice. If pressed, I'd go with Mendenhall. At least he has some experience as the workhorse, and if things work out, he has the most upside, whereas probably what they are saying about Richardson is true. Hopefully he has a good first few games, and if that happens, I'd try and trade him. I just don't trust him to be there for the long hall.

Good luck!

Max
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Stevooo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:48 pm

I would take Richardson. STL is going to be spreading the offense out this year, yes it's non ppr but he will get you solid points from rec yards. Pead and Stacy have looked horrendous so far this preseason. Richardson will be the workhorse this year as long as he is healthy. Over the next three years I would rather have Richardson than Mendenhall.
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)