Keep Colston, Welker, or Reggie Bush? No PPR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Keep Colston, Welker, or Reggie Bush? No PPR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keep Colston, Welker, or Reggie Bush? No PPR

Postby Atog » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:17 pm

For what it's worth my other two keepers are Drew Brees and Arian Foster.

A month ago I thought Colston was my sure-fire keeper, then I switched to Welker, and now it seems like every mock draft and cheat sheet I see has Bush rated over the other two, even in non-PPR leagues.

As a Lions fan who has had Bush a few times in fantasy leagues, I'm suspicious. Bush has never been a guy you can count on to get 100 yards/game and while the Lions offense has shown flashes I think we all know that it's not really rushing-friendly. On top of that, I fully expect Leshoure and Joique Bell to rotate in and out so it's not even clear if Bush is going to be "the guy." A part of me still thinks that I'm being too hard on him because I don't want to be a homer, though.

The category where I'm confident taking Bush is how he would fit in our draft. Glancing at who I'm expecting to be available in the first round, if I kept QB/RB/WR I'd probably have to settle on a guy like Stevan Ridley, Frank Gore, or David Wilson to be my #2 RB all year. On the other hand if I kept QB/RB/RB, I'd probably be able to get Randall Cobb, Roddy White, Victor Cruz, or Andre Johnson to be my #1 WR and that seems like a better option.

Leave a link and I'll help you out.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keep Colston, Welker, or Reggie Bush? No PPR

Postby garretterik » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:24 am

RB just is so scarce it is kind of hard not to keep 2 RBs. There is a lot of talk about Bush's preseason. I can understand your skepticism, but just the weakness of the position scares me. Also with Foster's injury history I would be worried. I like Welker better than where the cafe has him rated, but don't like him more than Bush.
Help me:
viewtopic.php?f=396&t=535676
garretterik
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 29)

Re: Keep Colston, Welker, or Reggie Bush? No PPR

Postby duffoholic » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:34 am

I'd rather have Ridley than Bush all day in a non-PPR (probably a PPR too). Beyond him though, I lump most of those other guys together. If you are SURE you can grab Ridley, I don't hesitate throwing Bush back. If you are unsure I'd probably still throw him back and keep Colston; I'm just not sold on Welker being... well, Welker in Denver. I think he will be good, but not 100+ receptions good, more like 70-80 for <1000 yards. If you want to get away from the WR-QB combo, I could totally understand keeping Bush though.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions