Live Draft Ideas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Live Draft Ideas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Live Draft Ideas

Postby sanitizer » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:47 am

Alright guys .. we all know a fantasy football draft can be made as one of the premier days of the year. For the past 6 seasons, as commissioner, I've attempted to out-do the previous years, and I come to you for advice. I'm looking for ideas on how to add some additional fun/drinking/events to the night. Here's an idea of what we have done/do on draft night.

Personal invites snail mailed to each owner in using Kenny Vaccarro's Draft invite as the outline.

Press release emailed to all owners informing them of a recent addition/subtraction with one of the owners slots

Division selection (auction draft) - pre-draft beer pong style game. Owners names at bottom of cup, thrower (starts will last years last place finisher) gets to choose whether he wants to be in that managers division or out of it. And it continues on. Each cup is a full beer which is drank.

Auctioneers secret players - 10 players that our auctioneer secretly chooses. You win that player, you take a shot.

Of course, pizza and beers are consumed through the whole night. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

We do an auction draft, with a custom made (blackmailed the guy) podium, draft board, and excel spreadsheet on TV to show $ balances. Thanks guys. Much appreciated.
sanitizer
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Live Draft Ideas

Postby Wags » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:48 am

This may not work as well for an Auction Draft, but we do "punishment shots." The owner who takes a tight end, defense or kicker first has to take a shot. We also do shots for name mispronunciations or attempting to draft a player already taken.

Something new we are adding this year that might offer a little bit of spice....the loser from last season now has to sing the National Anthem to officially begin the draft. Then we jump right into the draft.

I like you ideas....I might have to steal that ping pong idea...
Wags
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner