Rudolph/Sudfeld/Cameron... TE HELP!!! WHIR!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Rudolph/Sudfeld/Cameron... TE HELP!!! WHIR!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rudolph/Sudfeld/Cameron... TE HELP!!! WHIR!!!

Postby LWCrunner55 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:08 pm

I know out of the 3 (Kyle Rudolph, Zach Sudfeld, and Jordan Cameron) that Rudolph is the highest rated but I was wondering whether I should drop Rudolph for Sudfeld or Cameron??? I have Gronk as well on my team but it looks like I will need another TE for a few weeks while he is still recovering. Should I stick with Rudolph or drop him for Sudfeld or Cameron???
QB- M. Ryan, T. Pryor
RB- A. Morris, L. Bell, A. Ellington, C. Ivory, M. James, D. Martin
WR- J. Nelson, A. Brown, J. Boykin, D. Heyward-Bey,
TE- J. Graham, C. Fleener
LWCrunner55
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Response Team
(Past Year: 171)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rudolph/Sudfeld/Cameron... TE HELP!!! WHIR!!!

Postby quicks » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:57 pm

It's nice to be optimistic about Sudfeld as a Gronk owner. If Gronk goes on the PUP list, you have a replacement that will hopefully put up some good value in an offense that loves to use the tight end. If Gronk starts the season on the roster but is a game time decision for the first few weeks, you can wait right up until game time to make the call on your tight end, even for late games. I currently have both Owen Daniels and Sudfeld on my roster, as well as Gronk, and will drop one or the other (Sudfeld or Daniels) when the season begins to pick up a defense (I dropped Baltimore defense to pick up Sudfeld). If you don't have a Seattle, Denver, San Fran type defense and have the ability to do this, you can monitor the Sudfeld situation for the rest of the pre-season and stick with him if he continues to roll as he has been. If he blows a tire, stick with the proven tight end, in your case - Rudolph. You can pick up a number of strong defenses that may still be available or just play the matchups when the season starts.
quicks
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mycuccismells » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:23 am

Like you said Rudolph is more of the proven commodity but knowing that you have Gronk i would prefer to have Sudfeld on my team. Once Gronk comes back you will never play Rudolph and while Gronk is out Sudfeld should be viable. Sudfeld isnt necessarily Gronk's replacement, I heard he wont be the in line TE so on one TE sets he might not be on the field even when Gronk is playing. The good part about that is that in 2 TE sets he likely wont be blocking.

I dont know if trading Rudolph is a possibility, but maybe something to look into. Where did you draft him in your draft?? I think his ADP is around round 9 or 10; and if you drafted him there you might be able to get some value out of him. Find someone that has a bottom tier TE and trade them your last round pick (WR or RB) and Rudolph for their TE and their 9th or 10th round skill position. It might not seem big but you can maybe upgrade someone like a Mohamed Sanu or Daniel Thomas into someone more like Chris Givens or Fred Jackson. You could then drop that crappy TE you got back in the trade and grab Sudfeld, and at least not completely waste your Rudolph pick.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby TsunamiMike » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:51 pm

since you have gronk i would go with the sudfield hand cuff thats easy!

Help me:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=535854
TsunamiMike
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 56)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions