Keep Kapernick or Doug Martin?? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Keep Kapernick or Doug Martin?? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keep Kapernick or Doug Martin?? WHIR

Postby Bronco_7 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:23 pm

Would you

Keep Kapernick for a 12th round pick
Keep Doug Martin for a 1st round pick

WHIR
Sig GoodStash

12 team
QBs Roethlisberger, Kapernik
RBs Doug Martin, D Thomas, Bryce Brown
WRs C Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Garcon
TE Gates
K Vinatiari
DST Jets, Cards
Bronco_7
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keep Kapernick or Doug Martin?? WHIR

Postby duffoholic » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:51 am

Do you know where you draft? I mean, if you draft in the first 2 or 3 spots in the first, it doesn't make a lot of sense to keep DMart. However, if you draft 14th, the value you gain in Martin is pretty huge. I'm not sold on CK but that is pretty solid value as I would he should in the 8-10 range. Personally I wouldn't keep CK unless I knew I was drafting in the first 5-7 spots in the draft. If I draft later, I'd keep DMart but I'm lower than most on CK.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 425)

Postby dajuice21 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:50 pm

Martin to many QBs to pass on a stud RB
dajuice21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 17)

Postby Bronco_7 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:55 pm

Sorry I should have said, I am drafting #10 out of 12 teams,

I kept Doug Martin.
Sig GoodStash

12 team
QBs Roethlisberger, Kapernik
RBs Doug Martin, D Thomas, Bryce Brown
WRs C Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Garcon
TE Gates
K Vinatiari
DST Jets, Cards
Bronco_7
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Thefantasyguru2 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Whoever says keep Martin in the 1st is a fool. Kap could be the #1 point scorer this year, and has a rediculous ceiling.

I get that Martin is a good keeper but Martin for a 1 or Kaepernick for a 12 is a no brainer.
fantasyfootballdraftboard periodnet - Fantasy Football Draft Boards for your Live Home Draft!(just like The League)
Thefantasyguru2
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TruYankeeFan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:25 pm

Thefantasyguru2 wrote:Whoever says keep Martin in the 1st is a fool. Kap could be the #1 point scorer this year, and has a rediculous ceiling.

I get that Martin is a good keeper but Martin for a 1 or Kaepernick for a 12 is a no brainer.

As much as I agree Kap in the 12th is a great deal...calling someone a fool for not keeping him is a bit ridiculous...especially when that is based on the misguided assumption that he will out score Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Brady and Ryan.

The QB position is much deeper than in years past, and way deeper than RB. Kap is projected to be the #6 QB and score about 380 points...Eli is projected to be the #14 and still score 327 points (Brees is projected at #1 with 439)...about 5.5 points a game separate the best QB and the 2nd best reserve QB in a 12 team league.

After the top 12 RBs...you start hitting RBBC's and as every league I have been in allows at least 2 RBs to be started (more in Flex leagues). I know more and more people are going back to the traditional picking RBs in the first 2 or even 3 rounds. Martin is projected to be #2 at 347 and richardson is projected to be #6 at 260...87 point difference (almost as large a drop from 1 to 12 with QB)...and the drop to the #14 RB who would still be a full team starter in any league is DeMarco Murray at 228...Worse you look at the #1 backup or the 25th RB...you have Chirs Ivory at 183 points. It will be very hard to compete with Kap and two RBs outside the top 15as opposed to with one or two RBS in the top 15 and a middle to upper middle QB.

I would much rather have a stud top 3 at a premium position of RB than a high ceiling potential QB who is projected outside the top 5...and only a few points a game better than the best reserve QB
TruYankeeFan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby duffoholic » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:44 pm

TruYankeeFan wrote:
Thefantasyguru2 wrote:Whoever says keep Martin in the 1st is a fool. Kap could be the #1 point scorer this year, and has a rediculous ceiling.

As much as I agree Kap in the 12th is a great deal...calling someone a fool for not keeping him is a bit ridiculous...especially when that is based on the misguided assumption that he will out score Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Brady and Ryan.

The QB position is much deeper than in years past, and way deeper than RB. Kap is projected to be the #6 QB and score about 380 points...Eli is projected to be the #14 and still score 327 points (Brees is projected at #1 with 439)...about 5.5 points a game separate the best QB and the 2nd best reserve QB in a 12 team league.

After the top 12 RBs...you start hitting RBBC's and as every league I have been in allows at least 2 RBs to be started (more in Flex leagues). I know more and more people are going back to the traditional picking RBs in the first 2 or even 3 rounds. Martin is projected to be #2 at 347 and richardson is projected to be #6 at 260...87 point difference (almost as large a drop from 1 to 12 with QB)...and the drop to the #14 RB who would still be a full team starter in any league is DeMarco Murray at 228...Worse you look at the #1 backup or the 25th RB...you have Chirs Ivory at 183 points. It will be very hard to compete with Kap and two RBs outside the top 15as opposed to with one or two RBS in the top 15 and a middle to upper middle QB.

I would much rather have a stud top 3 at a premium position of RB than a high ceiling potential QB who is projected outside the top 5...and only a few points a game better than the best reserve QB

Very well said. Kaep could, very well finish outside that top 12 QBs this year if teams adjust to him well and his weapons keep dropping. He dropped to me in the 8th or 9th round in my draft yesterday and I didn't want him but everybody else from Romo on up was already gone. Martin was the right choice.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 425)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions