Need Help With Final Keeper - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Need Help With Final Keeper

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need Help With Final Keeper

Postby Sydewinder » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:55 pm

Okay, I have to keep 3, and I'm pretty confident on two of them, but here's the players I'm thinking about keeping and the draft pick I'd lose in order to keep them. Draft order hasn't been set yet.

Starting Roster: QB, RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, WR3, WR/RB, TE, D/ST, K

RB Steven Jackson (1st round)
WR Calvin Johnson (2nd round)
WR Dez Bryant (4th round)
RB Stevan Ridley (5th round)
RB Ryan Mathews (6th round)
QB Andrew Luck (8th round)
QB Russell Wilson (14th round)

I'm leaning towards Wilson for the 14th right now. My buddy told me I should keep Jackson instead, and have 2 good RBs in Jackson and Ridley as my RBs, but I'm worried that only getting 2 picks in the first 5 rounds will leave my team REALLY thin after that. Mathew has also been interesting as a 6th round keeper, or I could be beastly at WR and keep Dez with the 4th.

WHIR, post URL to your question if you'd like some input.
Sydewinder
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need Help With Final Keeper

Postby ScottyWaz9 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:21 pm

I would say Dez, that's 2 top 5 WRs on your team that I don't think you can pass on. That leaves you your 1st and 3rd to find a RB and another WR. QB is really deep this year so waiting until the 6th round for one is not unreasonable at all. Obviously wait to see how the draft falls but I would say get a RB in the 1st round for sure.
ScottyWaz9
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby duffoholic » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:55 pm

I really like Wilson at 14 but I think you have to take Calvin, Ridley and Dez. If you could get two more solid RBs with 1st and 3rd and a QB at 6th you should be laughing. I would advise taking two RB's because the RB's after the 6th will be total junk or fliers with a 1 in 5 chance of ever leaving your bench... see, Roy Helu last year.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby ibweis » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:35 pm

Dez in the 4th is good value. I'm not as in love with Ridley as others are. I think Belichick is unpredictable and with Blount in the mix looking good, Ridley will have fewer carries. Blount could get goal line looks as well. But in the 5th, it's decent value. There are plenty of QBs out there this year, even if WIlson is good value in the 14th.

Lil help on mine?
ibweis
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Sydewinder » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:23 am

Thanks for the input everyone! I think you've all convinced me to keep Dezzy. I still get a 1st round pick to secure possibly a top-15 second running back, then in the 3rd can possibly take either a RB/WR. Yeah, I've been waiting on QB every draft this year, just when I see that a guy in this league can keep AJ Green with his 14th round pick, and others who grabbed a long-term keeper, I was really wanting to have one of those kind of keepers to use for years to come. Just don't think Wilson is top-5 elite QB talent this year, or any year to come.
Sydewinder
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions