B.Marshall vs Dez WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

B.Marshall vs Dez WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

B.Marshall vs Dez WHIR

Postby ibweis » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:39 pm

10-team, .5 PPR, 3 keepers with no penalties.
6pt TDs with bonuses for long scores and 100yd games.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Potential Keepers: Brady, Rice, Spiller, Murray, B. Marshall

Leaning towards: Rice, Spiller, Marshall

HOWEVER, Marshall is 30, and this is a keeper league where draft picks dont get penalized for protecting players.

I have a ridiculous trade offer on the table of my Marshall/Murray for his Dez Bryant. I know it's way too much to give up, but I can only keep 3 players anyway. Is this an upgrade?

So it comes down to, should I execute this trade which gives me Dez for years to come or just roll with Rice/Spiller/Marshall?

> leave a link, I'll try to help.
ibweis
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: B.Marshall vs Dez WHIR

Postby duffoholic » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:12 am

I think this gives you a tiny boost at WR. My opinion on trades like this is always about whether the gain is worth the depletion of the pool you are drafting from and worth making another team better. In this case, I would guess you are making his team quite a bit better while replacing Murray in the pool of player with somebody worse that he would be keeping otherwise. I think the long term upgrade you might get going to Dez isn't worth it.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby DJUmperPSU » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:45 am

Hey man,

I think Dez is going to be huge. If you think you can afford giving an RB away, then I think this could be a good move for you.
DJUMPERPSU - Philidelphia, PA - 5-6 FF Titles from - 2004/2005
DJUmperPSU
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby FF For Life » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:56 am

The bigger question is how much better are you making the other team. You are only getting a slight bump in exchange for maybe him having a huge bump n the RB slot. I would consider keeping Marshall for sure and have him keep Murray then revisit the trade after the draft. Then counter with a RB that you drafted that is not quite as good as Murray. If he don't like the idea, then don't do the trade he wants. IMO
MY TEAM:
10 team 4 keeper PPR league: (Starters in bold)
QB:Brees,Rivers
RB: A.Peterson. Sproles, Murray (flex), DeAngelo Williams
WR: Julio Jones, Cruz,Garcon, Jeffrey, Douglas, ROyal
TE: Witten
K: Tucker
DEF:Carolina
FF For Life
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sydewinder » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:20 am

Thanks for the input on mine!

I actually would rank Marshall higher than Dez, but then again, I live in Chicago :)

I agree with the others that you might SLIGHTLY upgrade your team, but that you could be helping someone else out way too much. I know it's not always good to think about what the other team gets from trades, and as long as you're improving your team that's what's important, but Murray COULD have a top-15 year this year, and Marshall receives 75% of the Bears' targets.

Even if Marshall is 30, he'll be a beast in CHI for the next 2-3 years minimum. You could say Dez has more potential for longer success, but he could also have a mediocre year if Miles Austin stays healthy, if Jason Witten repeats his resurgent year from last year OR if Romo gets injured. All things considered, I just think Marshall is a lock for top-10 points, with odds being he's in the top-5 in any league format, while Dez could finish just outside the Top-15 if he doesn't connect on enough long balls.

Juice isn't worth the squeeze IMO. See if you can get a better deal if he wants a 2-for-1 with one of ur WR/RBs. After all, you're in the driver's seat not needing to give anyone up, and he looks like he needs quantity of keepers over quality.
Sydewinder
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions