Kaepernick trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Kaepernick trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kaepernick trade

Postby atlastitsok » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:50 pm

What is kaepernicks trade value right now and what do you expect it to be as we go into the season. I am in a dynasty league with him, Aaron Rodgers, and flacco. I am comfortable going with flacco as a backup and could target a developmental qb next year

I have an offer of tavon Austin for keapernick straight up. Am I short changing myself?

Thanks!
atlastitsok
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kaepernick trade

Postby josborne2186 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Tavon Austin for Kaep straight up? No way you do that trade. He is worth so much more than that. Yeah Austin has the hype right now to be a break out player but Kaepernick is worth way more than Austin by himself.
josborne2186
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 71)

Postby atlastitsok » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:08 pm

josborne2186 wrote:Tavon Austin for Kaep straight up? No way you do that trade. He is worth so much more than that. Yeah Austin has the hype right now to be a break out player but Kaepernick is worth way more than Austin by himself.

What's his value then? Looking at wide out or rb to get younger
atlastitsok
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Postby josborne2186 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:17 pm

atlastitsok wrote:
josborne2186 wrote:Tavon Austin for Kaep straight up? No way you do that trade. He is worth so much more than that. Yeah Austin has the hype right now to be a break out player but Kaepernick is worth way more than Austin by himself.

What's his value then? Looking at wide out or rb to get younger

Honestly, I would go Flacco for Austin or try and get younger with Flacco first. The thing is, Flacco is a proven SB winner and people may take a fly on him for say a Giovonni Bernard or Tavon Austin. Try and get rid of him first. But, if you are set on getting rid of Kaep, straight up, without knowing what roster spots you have (not sure if it was in your original post I can't see it anymore), I would say Jordy Nelson, Colston, Wayne, Crabtree type WR. Alot of these guys are the go to guys on their teams and you must sell the fact that Kaep is a QB for many years to come to build a team around.

I would say take out the top 5 or so from each spot (WR/RB) and you can get even trade to trade for the most part.
josborne2186
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 71)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions