#5 pick in 12 team PPR....Charles/McCoy/Lynch/Spiller - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

#5 pick in 12 team PPR....Charles/McCoy/Lynch/Spiller

Moderator: Football Moderators

#5 pick in 12 team PPR....Charles/McCoy/Lynch/Spiller

Postby jwterry3 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:52 am

Drafting 5th this yr in our 12 team ppr money league. I have already kept Ridley as my keeper in the 9th rd.

At 5 I expect my choices to be Charles/McCoy/Lynch /Spiller /Rice.....Of those my thoughts are:

- Charles if healthy almost guaranteed 20+ touches a game
- McCoy should be killer in that offense but BB showed he can get some PT as well
- Lynch should be a workhorse again......
- Spiller should be a beast but Jackson is gonna take some touches from him for sure
- rice should be very good play this yr given lack of weapons on Balt o
jwterry3
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: #5 pick in 12 team PPR....Charles/McCoy/Lynch/Spiller

Postby cope09 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:35 am

PPR, I like:

Charles - Staley, Westbrook, and McCoy all benefitted greatly in PPR leagues under Reid, as will Charles
Lynch - studliness continued
McCoy - This new Eagles offense is all about the run. McCoy will have a heavy workload
Spiller - I don't see Jackson taking too many carries this year unless Spiller gets hurt
Rice - not as much production last year as in previous years and with an all-but-new secondary, I expect Ravens to have to play from behind often - ie, abandon the run.

Good luck!
cope09
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 29)

Postby mycuccismells » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:06 pm

To me Lynch is the bottom of this group because of the PPR factor; all 4 of the other guys get a huge bump in PPR leagues. Honestly I see each of them getting over 50-60 carries so I think you can take the PPR aspect out of it once you remove Lynch because i think PPR helps them all pretty evenly. I'm all about Spiller right now so if he fell to me at 5 that would be my pick, hes actually my personal #2 RB this year. I wouldnt worry about Brown, Pierce, Jackson taking touches from these guys; there is plenty of room for those guys to have 8-10 touches and McCoy/Rice/Spiller to still average 20+. These are all going to be up tempo offenses and these are all pass catching RBs so they should all have huge workloads.

Really you cant go wrong with any of the 4 guys but personally i think Spiller has monster upside. I think Charles has similar upside but he is more of a boom/bust guy week to week and with the foot scare I give Spiller the edge.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby jwterry3 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Thanks for the insight fellas....

Personally I agree with the above thoughts. I have McCoy rice spiller above lynch b/c of the ppr.

Spiller has best upside.....

Good point on rice with playing from behind

McCoy could have a monster yr.....but has good young backs behind him.

The other one creeping in my brain is trich....with recent injuries dude is going to be the entire Cleve o
jwterry3
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 7)

Postby mycuccismells » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:25 pm

I wouldnt worry about the Ravens playing from behind, their defense will be better than it was last year and he got plenty of use last year. Plus when you have a back like Ray Rice that converts 4th and 29 playing from behind doesnt mean much, and he has great hands so passing situations are good for him as well. Playing from behind means a faster offense which means less rotation of backs which means more field time for Rice, if anything i think it would be a good thing.

As far as T Rich i would much rather have one of these other guys. He will get monster usage but his YPC was horrible last year and with his injury history i worry that he will get TOO much usage
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions