Lisfranc for Le'Veon Bell--out indefinitely - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lisfranc for Le'Veon Bell--out indefinitely

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Lisfranc for Le'Veon Bell--out indefinitely

Postby jasonhightower » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:06 pm

Thefantasyguru2 wrote:Felix Jones just went to Pitt, but I don't think he'll have a very big role in the offense. I like Dwyer to start in Bells absence

I agree, but it will be interesting to see how much and when they use him.
jasonhightower
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:24 pm

David592207 wrote:Bottom line...like Snoop Dog (Lion), or whatever he's known as now, said..."Drop it like it's hot". Trust me, Bell will not be an effective NFL back this year, at least from a fantasy perspective, with regard to clogging up a roster spot for as long as it will take for "maybe" results. I predict the Steelers will be very cautious at protecting their rookie RB and hope for a solid future running the ball.

Thanks for that insight! I'm adjusting my ranking for him as I type. If I'm reading you correctly, this shouldn't affect his dynasty ranking too drastically, other then he's now considered an injury risk, similar to Trent Richardson, right?
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:06 pm

jasonhightower wrote:
Thefantasyguru2 wrote:Felix Jones just went to Pitt, but I don't think he'll have a very big role in the offense. I like Dwyer to start in Bells absence

I agree, but it will be interesting to see how much and when they use him.

With Dwyer being unceremoniously dumped on his butt for being a fat lazy slob, is there any back in Pitt worth taking a shot on? I'm ashamed to admit I haven't done much research on them, as I thought the starting job and backup role were solidified.

*I know Redman will be mainly in charge of taking over, but I meant more along the lines of behind him. Is it really Felix Jones? Because I don't really trust him.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Cuffs » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:54 pm

I just picked up Bell off the waiver wire (10 team league/short benches). Rotoworld says he's out of his boot and might even return by week 2 or 3. Even if he doesn't get into a rhythm for a few weeks, it appears he'll be the starter in a team that prides itself on power running soon enough. They dropped Dwyer, they have Redman and Jones, and the latter couldn't break into the rotation in a pretty dismal Cowboys offense last year.

I wouldn't spend any kind of high pick on Bell, but if you can actually get him in the double-digit rounds (or the waiver wire, like I just did), that is value. How many starting RBs can you get at such a low cost on teams that actually have a respectable offense? I'm not talking about Arizona Cardinals RBs or Oakland Raiders RBs. Shoot, people are still taking Ivory in the 5th/6th rounds, and he is notoriously injury prone playing on a team with a dreadful passing game that will no doubt face opponents who will stack the box to stop the run and dare those interception machines to throw it. Getting Bell 4+ rounds after Ivory seems like robbery to me.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Previous

Return to Football Talk