Rate my team. 12 Team PPR 8/21/2013 - Rated D+?!?!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my team. 12 Team PPR 8/21/2013 - Rated D+?!?!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my team. 12 Team PPR 8/21/2013 - Rated D+?!?!?

Postby ike301 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:56 pm

How the

Passing Yards 50 yards per point; 1 points at 300 yards; 2 points at 350 yards; 3 points at 400 yards
Passing Touchdowns 4
Rushing Yards 20 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 3 points at 200 yards
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Receptions .5
Reception Yards 20 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards; 2 points at 150 yards; 3 points at 200 yards
Reception Touchdowns 6

1. (3) Ray Rice (Bal - RB)
2. (22) Peyton Manning (Den - QB)
3. (27) Stevan Ridley (NE - RB)
4. (46) James Jones (GB - WR)
5. (51) Stevie Johnson (Buf - WR)
6. (70) Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
7. (75) Anquan Boldin (SF - WR)
8. (94) Justin Blackmon (Jac - WR)
9. (99) Sidney Rice (Sea - WR)
10. (118) Phil Dawson (SF - K)
11. (123) Josh Freeman (TB - QB)
12. (142) Brandon Pettigrew (Det - TE)
13. (147) Ben Tate (Hou - RB)
14. (166) Green Bay (GB - DEF)
15. (171) Michael Bush (Chi - RB)
Post your link, I will answer yours to the best of my knowledge.
ike301
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team. 12 Team PPR 8/21/2013 - Rated D+?!?!?

Postby Delhomme17 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:30 pm

I assume this is Yahoo? Don't worry about your draft grade, dude. It's not completely arbitrary, but it's not a great metric by any stretch. Pretend it doesn't exist. That said, I don't necessarily disagree with it.

Your WR bunch is, frankly, a mess. Jones, Johnson, Boldin = WR2, WR2, WR2/3. QB is incredibly deep this year, and drafting Peyton in the 2nd round was a really poor move, IMO. QB is exceptionally deep this season. Based on a bunch actual drafts and mocks I've done, you could've snagged a Randall Cobb/Roddy White WR1-type there instead and then drafted a Stafford/Romo/Ryan type a few rounds later. Blackmon in the 8th is also a head-scratcher--dude can't even play until week 5. Rice will provide high-WR4 to mid-WR3 value, IMO. I haven't seen your draft, but I'm betting you could've gotten high-upside guys like Chris Givens, Vincent Brown, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders, etc. at those spots.

I like Peyton at QB, obviously, but I'll again suggest that you drafted him way too high. No reason to take Freeman in the 11th, either, when there were probably still valuable position players on the board.

Taking a kicker in the 10th was ill-advised, and you took Olsen a round or so too high as well, IMO. Probably could've snagged a Daryl Richardson/DeAngelo Williams type there and shored up your RB corps a bit, which looks good at the top but is razor thin. You have a stud in Rice (although, in the interest of full disclosure, I think you overdrafted him and should've gone with Charles or Spiller) and Ridley is very solid, but beyond that all I see are two backups. Tate will have some value if Foster goes down, but until then he's merely a borderline flex play. Bush has virtually zero value unless something happens to Forte.

Apologies if this comes off as me ripping your team to shreds/busting your balls--just calling it as I see it. Again, don't worry about what Yahoo's grade says--it frequently spits out non-sensical results. I'm hoping this helps you turn your attention from "OMGWTF look at this letter and plus sign" to what was frankly, IMO, a subpar drafting strategy. You can fix this, but you'll need to be willing to part guys you pretty clearly fell in love with on draft day. Maybe try to flip Peyton and, say Stevie Johnson to an owner for a Romo-type and a Roddy White type. You could also try to pawn Tate off on whoever owns Foster, although it's tough to say what all you could get in return.

Hope this helps a bit, man. You're not in great shape if you have to start 3 WR's, IMO, and only in slightly better shape if you start 2 WR. In a PPR league, you really need a #1 receiver.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 509)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ike301 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:42 am

Delhomme17 wrote:
Your WR bunch is, frankly, a mess. Jones, Johnson, Boldin = WR2, WR2, WR2/3. QB is incredibly deep this year, and drafting Peyton in the 2nd round was a really poor move, IMO. QB is exceptionally deep this season.
agreed.

. Blackmon in the 8th is also a head-scratcher--dude can't even play until week 5.
agreed.

Rice will provide high-WR4 to mid-WR3 value, IMO. I haven't seen your draft, but I'm betting you could've gotten high-upside guys like Chris Givens, Vincent Brown, Golden Tate, Emmanuel Sanders, etc. at those spots.
i think rice will be more of a wr 1/2 this season - pretty balanced offense with a OK receiving RB and great scrambling QB giving the WR core more opps. we'll see on this one.

I like Peyton at QB, obviously, but I'll again suggest that you drafted him way too high. No reason to take Freeman in the 11th, either, when there were probably still valuable position players on the board.
agreed. probably right on this one.

Taking a kicker in the 10th was ill-advised, and you took Olsen a round or so too high as well, IMO. Probably could've snagged a Daryl Richardson/DeAngelo Williams type there and shored up your RB corps a bit, which looks good at the top but is razor thin.
-i might be too high on dawson this year, but i think niners offense is going to give him a lot of good points this season. but agreed, my RBs are very thin.

You have a stud in Rice (although, in the interest of full disclosure, I think you overdrafted him and should've gone with Charles or Spiller) and Ridley is very solid, but beyond that all I see are two backups.
-i disagree - i think Rice is just about right at 3rd. Charles just hasn't proven to be a TD guy and mediocre at receiving. spiller is a better catcher, but hasn't seen the workload nor really proven to be a td guy either. rice has been consistent on 250+ att for the past 5 years, i'd almost say elite at receiving for PPR. now with boldin gone, i think he's going to at or exceed 80 catches this season.

Tate will have some value if Foster goes down, but until then he's merely a borderline flex play. Bush has virtually zero value unless something happens to Forte.
-yup, these were gamble picks at 13 and 15th rounds.

Apologies if this comes off as me ripping your team to shreds/busting your balls--just calling it as I see it.
95% agree with ur comments.

Again, don't worry about what Yahoo's grade says--it frequently spits out non-sensical results. I'm hoping this helps you turn your attention from "OMGWTF look at this letter and plus sign" to what was frankly, IMO, a subpar drafting strategy. You can fix this, but you'll need to be willing to part guys you pretty clearly fell in love with on draft day. Maybe try to flip Peyton and, say Stevie Johnson to an owner for a Romo-type and a Roddy White type. You could also try to pawn Tate off on whoever owns Foster, although it's tough to say what all you could get in return.
Good advice.

Hope this helps a bit, man. You're not in great shape if you have to start 3 WR's, IMO, and only in slightly better shape if you start 2 WR. In a PPR league, you really need a #1 receiver.

Thanks man. Good advice. Maybe it just is a D+ draft....
Post your link, I will answer yours to the best of my knowledge.
ike301
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby petrieslastword » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:28 pm

I think it is a D+ draft mate. Weak WRs, guys taken way early, and just all around poor choices. The guy above is right, you've got work to do.

Good luck though.

Mine?

viewtopic.php?t=537045
petrieslastword
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 117)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings