Adrian Peterson....too much to give up for him? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Adrian Peterson....too much to give up for him?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Adrian Peterson....too much to give up for him?

Postby FantasyJesus » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:02 pm

$200 cap/Auction League...3 yr contracts...money goes up 10% every season. After last yr, he is a Restricted Free Agent, so we can match the highest bid for him if we want to keep him. Do I trade Cruz with 1 yr left at $10, and Lynch at $7 but also in his last year....along with RGIII at $10 with 2 years left....for Peterson at $48 with 2 years left. I could probably have Romo thrown in for me to receive with 3 yrs left at $11. I have Julio Jones at WR, but will have to sign another big name FA WR to go along with him. Lots of QBs available with most teams having a decent starting QB already, so I should get a decent value on a good starting QB if I traded RGIII. I would already have Doug Martin to pair up with Peterson if I did this trade. I like it because it gives me Peterson this year AND next year. Otherwise, I'll probably lose Lynch after this year...or he'll lose carries to the rookie they took this year anyways.
FantasyJesus
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Adrian Peterson....too much to give up for him?

Postby duffoholic » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:56 am

No way man. You are giving up an absurd amount of cap space for a modest upgrade at RB while depleting your team at all the key positions. RGIII should be a solid keeper for you until his contract runs out barring another huge injury, Cruz is solid at 10$ and Lynch at $7 is a steal. The merits of Lynch being so cheap should buy you a LOT of credit towards AP. I could maybe see Lynch and Cruz for AP and a moderately priced (possibly over paid) WR or even AP for Lynch straight up if Lynch had one more year left.

What would AP's value be back in the draft? I would guess around 60$?
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 444)

Re: Adrian Peterson....too much to give up for him?

Postby FantasyJesus » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Well, we just held our Restricted Free Agent draft....and Arian Foster went for $69.

But I agree I feel like I'm giving up too much for that...which is why I offered only Cruz and Lynch, but he said he would only do it if RGIII was included. I think if I took on Romo and he has Amendola for only $2....MAYBE. But I think I'll just not do it and enjoy my cap space and sign some other young RBs and hope they become stars...and go after Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson, who are both free agents.

Thanks.
FantasyJesus
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 6)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions