TE V. Davis
K R. Bullock
DST Broncos
BN S. Vereen
BN D. Woodhead
BN L. Moore
BN J. Gordon
BN A. Dobson

It's a FAAB league so I have until tomorrow morning to decide whether to place a bid.

ESPN league with standard scoring except 6 pt. passing TDs and -3 pts. for all INTs and fumbles. Not PPR.
Last edited by taw856 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 198)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Drop Woodhead for Dwyer?

Postby BADAMS4 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:49 pm

I think this year will be Matthews coming out year. WIth the Visor and Tats he has, there is no way he wont be a stud!! Haha.. That being said with Bell out, Redmond being welll Redmond .. I would say yes, Dwyer will be a solid back who is running behind a soild Oline and has a Ben Rothlessburger, also I think they are going to need to run the ball to develop mismatch problems with out Mike Wallace.

can you check out mine?? viewtopic.php?t=535886
BADAMS4
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ScottyWaz9 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:08 am

I'm not so sure about that. Even if Mathews doesn't get hurt he still has fumbling problems. Also who says Dwyer is the starter? I don't think I would give up woodhead for him just because he might start, Dwyer won't put up good numbers.
ScottyWaz9
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ken12580 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:20 am

Even if Mathews gets injured (he most likely will, or fumble away his opportunity), Ronnie Brown is still around, and Woodhead can't be an every-down back. I would try to work on the WR2 spot, maybe trade with the team that has Ryan Mathews with some of your other WRs, you could do better than Mike Williams.
ken12580
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby tomas21 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:23 am

Depends on your scoring format. If its ppr, keep woodhead. If not, pick up Dwyer. You have somewhat fragile RBs as your starters, so you don't want lottery tickets on your bench, you want high floor players. If it's a ppr league, Woodhead should get a lot of catches (San Diego will be playing catchup a lot), so he should give you a solid 10-12 points a week. If its not ppr, woodhead isn't going to rack up yards or score. Dwyer is a better bet for yards and TDs, but he could be hit or miss depending on their rotation.

I would also note that Ronnie Brown is no lock to make SDs roster, so I wouldn't factor him into your equation.
tomas21
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)

Postby wyld stallions » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:31 am

I would keep Woodhead. Dwyer may help you more the first few weeks but you are really more concerned about later in the year. You will never start either guy over your two studs. I think Woodhead has flex value even when Matthews is healthy.

thanks for help with mine
wyld stallions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby taw856 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:50 am

ken12580 wrote:Even if Mathews gets injured (he most likely will, or fumble away his opportunity), Ronnie Brown is still around, and Woodhead can't be an every-down back. I would try to work on the WR2 spot, maybe trade with the team that has Ryan Mathews with some of your other WRs, you could do better than Mike Williams.

The guy who has Mathews has him as a FLEX, so not sure if he's panicked about the possibility of injury. Nevertheless, this is his roster, if you have any thoughts on a Woodhead for WR trade to try to swing...

QB D. Brees, (S. Bradford), (M. Schaub)
RB A. Morris, M. Ball, (G. Bernard)
WR R. Cobb, E. Decker, (S. Rice), (D. Moore)
FLEX R. Mathews
TE G. Olsen
K S. Janikowski
DST Steelers
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team

Postby taw856 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:50 am

tomas21 wrote:Depends on your scoring format. If its ppr, keep woodhead. If not, pick up Dwyer. You have somewhat fragile RBs as your starters, so you don't want lottery tickets on your bench, you want high floor players. If it's a ppr league, Woodhead should get a lot of catches (San Diego will be playing catchup a lot), so he should give you a solid 10-12 points a week. If its not ppr, woodhead isn't going to rack up yards or score. Dwyer is a better bet for yards and TDs, but he could be hit or miss depending on their rotation.

I would also note that Ronnie Brown is no lock to make SDs roster, so I wouldn't factor him into your equation.

It's non-PPR, sorry for leaving that out. Going to edit the scoring system into the original post now...
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team

Postby taw856 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:57 am

If I'm reading the responses correctly I've got 2 votes for Woodhead and 2 for Dwyer, with 1 additional vote to keep Woodhead to trade him.

Couple minutes left till bid time, anyone else?
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team

Postby Delhomme17 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:28 am

I Dwyer is your guy by a hair simply because he's likely to receive more carries than Woodhead--say 40% vs. 30%. FWIW, in PPR I think it's Woodhead by a healthy margin. If I were you, though, I'd hang on to Woodhead and drop Dobson instead. Dobson is looking like the 4th or 5th option in NE behind Amendola, Gronk when he's healthy, Thompkins, Sudfeld, and Veeren--heck, maybe even throw Edelman in there, too.

Thanks for helping with mine.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 508)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions