Newtons Law Dynasty! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Newtons Law Dynasty!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Newtons Law Dynasty!

Postby BADAMS4 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:25 pm

I am in a 12 team Dynasty. It is all standard ESPN league (NOT PPR). I need help with making some deals..

QB Cam Newton (Joe Flacco Back up)

RB Doug Martin, MJD, Frank Gore, Andre Brown, Ben Tate, Bidel Powell, and Christine Michael

WR Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Mike Williams (tampa), Ryan Broyals, Justin Blackmon, and Jon Baldwin

TE Brandon Meyers, Brandon Pettegrew

K Sab-Jan

Def-- Tampa Bay

I really want to trade some of my RB depth for some true WR's, but I cant seem to get anyone I want!!! Everyone in my league seems to value Frank Gore either in the isht house or their WR's are the next Calvin Johnson.. I need help with who I should target or stand pat, and wait... I will Help anyone as much as they need!!!
BADAMS4
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Newtons Law Dynasty!

Postby ken12580 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:24 am

Both Gore and MJD has some wear and tear. You should definitely try to trade one of them for a better WR, you need depth for sure. Even Andre Johnson is not considered a sure WR1 like he used to be.
ken12580
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby taw856 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:33 am

If no one's buying Gore or MJD, I'd suggest looking to David Wilson's owner and selling Andre Brown. You're not going to get a WR1 or even a high WR2 for that, but it's a marginal move that could improve your WR depth and perhaps set up another move you want to make down the road.

I think you could get someone in the Anquan Boldin range for Andre Brown from the right panicked owner.
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 198)

Postby BADAMS4 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:59 pm

I just offered Anquan, Gore and Andre for Dez Bryant and Felix Jones.. His Running backs are Shady McCoy, David Wilson, Jaquizz Rodgers, Giovonni Bernard.. I dont think it will work.. but here is to trying..
BADAMS4
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Durango2009 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:27 pm

BADAMS4 wrote:I am in a 12 team Dynasty. It is all standard ESPN league (NOT PPR). I need help with making some deals..

QB Cam Newton (Joe Flacco Back up)

RB Doug Martin, MJD, Frank Gore, Andre Brown, Ben Tate, Bidel Powell, and Christine Michael

WR Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Mike Williams (tampa), Ryan Broyals, Justin Blackmon, and Jon Baldwin

TE Brandon Meyers, Brandon Pettegrew

K Sab-Jan

Def-- Tampa Bay

I really want to trade some of my RB depth for some true WR's, but I cant seem to get anyone I want!!! Everyone in my league seems to value Frank Gore either in the isht house or their WR's are the next Calvin Johnson.. I need help with who I should target or stand pat, and wait... I will Help anyone as much as they need!!!

Cam should bring in good numbers, I have him too!
Doug Martin has a relatively easy schedule expect high numbers if he stays out of injuries.
Frank Gore is a great fantasy back.
Reserve RBs are good for backup you may use some for trade to upgrade other areas.
Andre Johnson is great again as long as he is not injured
Anquan Boldin, I am not sure how he and kaepernick will work together, time will tell.
I can see Mike Williams having a good year, I picked him up too.
I don't like Justin Blackmon, he has maturity issues and that can be an issue.
TE seems ok, not great but than again very few to choose from.
Kicker is good
TB def. I am not sold on them, gotta see how Revis comes back before we can say anything.
Durango2009
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)

Postby dunskee » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:23 am

Thanks for the help with mine. I think for now you should stand pat and see how your rb's and wr's do and also see how other teams do. Week one could change a lot of people's minds on their players, which could help you in a pulling a deal. I for one am very high on Boldin this year for some reason, Kaep will look to him a lot.
dunskee
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Jason497 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:29 am

I like your top 3 WR, and Blackmon will be a nice WR4 when he comes back.

I can see your concern though since it's a dynasty and Johnson/Boldin are getting up there in age, but that's the reason no one will trade for Gore, he's 30. MJD's had high mileage too.

I feel like in these kind of leagues you usually never get equal value for older guys, in a lot of cases you are better off just trying to win with them now, people get caught up in the future all the time in these leagues and never think of the present. But maybe near the trade deadline someone will offer you something to put them over the top, so if no one is biting right now, just keep shopping them.

Perhaps like someone else stated, shopping Andre Brown would be a good move, or perhaps even Ben Tate, he seems to have plenty of value too since he's a free agent next year.
Last edited by Jason497 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 42)

Postby PhightinPhills » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:47 pm

hahahahahahahahahah his name is Bilal.... B I L A L and hes going to start over that bum chris ivory
PhightinPhills
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:00 pm

I think you have a pretty solid team all around. If I were you, I'd sit on what you have and see how the season plays out. I'm thinking you're gonna be happy with those results. I agree with most of Durango2009's analysis, except I'll give Blackmon the benefit of the doubt, the kid's got talent, and the TB D is a decent mid-level team D to have.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 443)

Postby Thefantasyguru2 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:22 pm

I think Cam Newton has potential to be a fantasy stud, but I am high on Kaepernick for 2013.

If Percy Harvin is available, I'd pick him up for a potential huge boost for FF playoffs.
fantasyfootballdraftboard periodnet - Fantasy Football Draft Boards for your Live Home Draft!(just like The League)
Thefantasyguru2
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings