League changes dispute, please help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

League changes dispute, please help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

League changes dispute, please help!

Postby TheeCommish » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:05 pm

Hello all! I've come looking for help, insight, suggestions, thoughts on changes to our league for the upcoming season.

Current configuration:

Teams: 10
15 rosters spots
1 Pt. PPR
1 keeper per team

Starting positions:
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 K
1 D/ST

People want to add flex a spot to the league, but cannot come to an agreement on how. We are split down the middle at the moment and our draft is this Sunday. The configuration I'm currently opposed to:

1 QB
1 RB
3 WR
1 Flex R/W/T
1 TE
1 K
1 D/ST

I'm worried it's going to push our draft to be WR centric and throw off the competitive balance of our league, which is also very strong. And I think it takes the work out of draft the RB position, since you only have to start one per week.

The other half of the field (which I personally fall into) is more inclined towards the following starter configuration:

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 Flex R/W/T
1 TE
1 K
1 D/ST

I've added the suggestion of the following:

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 Flex R/W/T
1 TE
1 K
1 D/ST

People are still mulling that one over, especially since we'd need to add another round to the draft to prevent having short benches.

So I suppose my question is, am I out of my mind for not wanting the league and draft to be completely WR centric and to take the leg work out of the RB position by only having to start 1 RB per week? I feel like it makes things lopsided and removes any sort of leg work for the RB position. Please post your thoughts on this, I could really use them right now! Thanks to all!
TheeCommish
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: League changes dispute, please help!

Postby TheeCommish » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:37 am

Wow, 2200+ people and no one has an opinion or a welcome for a new comer? Huh... :-t
TheeCommish

Postby xclusive1987 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:11 am

I agree with you, and wouldn't back down from it. Potentially starting 4 WR and 1 RB is just stupid. If it were my league, I would give them the choice of either the 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX, or none at all.
xclusive1987
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 75)

Postby TheeCommish » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:36 am

Thanks for your response xclusive, means a lot! I'm glad to know I'm not nuts for wanting to avoid a 4 WR/1 RB league.

Anyone else care to weigh in? The more the merrier please, as I'd like to show your responses prior to our Sunday morning draft.
TheeCommish

Postby Delhomme17 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:54 pm

The 1RB scenario is insane for all the reasons you listed. Don't give in; your league will be demonstrably worse and less fun, IMO, if you do.

The 2RB/2WR/1FLEX configuration is OK, but I think it would leave too many startable guys on owners' benches.

In my 12-teamer, we start 2RB/3WR/1FLEX and there are still bench guys who could start on a lot of teams. If I were in your league, this would be my vote. Just add a round to the draft.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 508)

Postby Posstradamus » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:34 am

The two best options are certainly the two you are in favor of, but I like the 2rb/2wr/1flex.
Posstradamus

Return to Commissioner's Corner