Cobb vs Harvin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Cobb vs Harvin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cobb vs Harvin

Postby JoeyFF » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:38 pm

Clearly Harvin is injured but if he were healthy would he out score Cobb by a little or a lot? I'm a huge fan of Cobbs and a buddy of mine thinks he's just an average WR. But then he wants to trade him to me in our dynasty league. He would give me a 1st round pick next season that would be a top 3 pick and Harvin for Cobb. My team sucks and I'm in the rebuilding stages but not sure that I make this deal or not...your thoughts?

Thanks.
JoeyFF
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cobb vs Harvin

Postby prophecy135 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:23 pm

So you'd get Cobb and a 1st for Harvin? If that's the case I would do it, though I'm not sure I'm understanding your predicament. If you give Cobb then I wouldn't, it's very hard to value a guy like Harvin who will be in a new offense and is a health concern whether its the headaches, which haven't been an issue lately, but the leg and hip things are concerning.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby JoeyFF » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:30 pm

I would get Harvin and a 1st for Cobb. Only way I am considering it is because I am rebuilding and Harvin is similar to Cobb plus I get a really good pick next year. But I agree Harvin is a gamble for the fact his hip could give him problems for awhile. Thanks
JoeyFF
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 6)

Postby prophecy135 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:52 pm

For what it's worth Brandon Marshall had the same procredure done on his hips. So that might not be a bad deal, Harvin is getting an upgrade at QB in a similar type run first offense. If you're rebuilding then the 1st and Harvin might be the way to go, Harvin when healthy is a proven top 10 if not higher WR
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions