Keepers-Do you HAVE to keep a player - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Keepers-Do you HAVE to keep a player

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keepers-Do you HAVE to keep a player

Postby kylebiermann » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:47 pm

This is my first year in a Keeper league. My team wasnt that good last year and this year I dont have anyone worth keeping. 1 player keeper league, standard scoring, 12 man roster. Gronkowski, Newton and Bradshaw are my options. I was an idiot last year and picked Gronk and Newton with pick 12 and 13. Thats why I have no good rbs!! Gronk is hurt, Cam and Bradshaw are not worth keeping. Do I HAVE to keep a player? Or can I use the first round that is designated for keepers to draft a player worthy of a 1st round pick?
kylebiermann
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keepers-Do you HAVE to keep a player

Postby FF For Life » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:09 pm

All depends on your league settings. In most leagues you do not have to keep all or keepers or even any of them. It's how it setup after it that makes a difference. In our league we have 4 keepers, so if everyone kept four keepers then the first four rounds of the draft are just our keepers, so technically we don't start picking until the 5th round. If I kept no keepers, I would get a round 1,2,3 and 4 pick. If I was the only doing this, I would have 4 picks in a row before anyone else makes a pick.
If I kept only 2 keepers, round 1 and 2 would be occupied by the keepers and then I would have an pick in round 3 and 4. I hope that makes sense.

Some leagues in the above scenario the following is the way I understand it, Hopefully someone else can verify this, 2 of the keeper picks would be made up at the top of the draft and two at the bottom of the draft, which makes a difference.
MY TEAM:
10 team 4 keeper PPR league: (Starters in bold)
QB:Brees,Rivers
RB: A.Peterson. Sproles, Murray (flex), DeAngelo Williams
WR: Julio Jones, Cruz,Garcon, Jeffrey, Douglas, ROyal
TE: Witten
K: Tucker
DEF:Carolina
FF For Life
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions