Should I trade out of the #2 spot? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Should I trade out of the #2 spot? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I trade out of the #2 spot? WHIR

Postby TheGhost » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:04 pm

I have the second selection in the draft and am considering trading down. I wouldn't be able to pick up extra draft picks or anything... it would just be a swapping of draft positions. The reason for me wanting to trade down is that I feel like after Peterson the next 6 backs are about the same in my opinion. The reason why I would want to keep my draft selection is more about keeping the end of the second beginning of the third round picks. So my question is, where is the sweet spot in the draft? What part of the draft does the talent take a significant dip? Do I have the opportunity to draft a better team by moving to the back end of the first round? What's the best draft strategy this year? Any advice on this is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. ;-D
TheGhost
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I trade out of the #2 spot? WHIR

Postby JerseyBearsGuy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:26 pm

Do you have any offers to move anywhere in particular?

How many teams?

If your asking about a sweet spot in a draft , some will argue that being right in the middle will allow you to keep balanced, meaning, ten or 12 picks go before e and after you. Some will say being at either end, allows a couple picks quickly, like you said, but then you gotta sit and scratch it for 16 to 20 picks in between.

So, try to get some offers, and do some mock drafts. see what your strategy will be and maybe you can play to that. See where the mocks bring you from drafting at #2.

Try to move to the 6th or 7th pick and target Calvin if you think the first RBs are similar. Then you can come back with your Rb in the 2nd.
A. Luck, M. Vick
A. Morris, S. Ridley, D. Williams, L. Miller, W. Mcgahee
B. Marshall, Julio Jones, S. Smith, S. Johnson, E. Royal, M. Brown
J. Thomas, G. Olsen
D. Bailey
Minnesota
JerseyBearsGuy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Response Team
(Past Year: 173)
Home Cafe: Football