Drafted 4 QB's in the First 6 Rounds?!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Drafted 4 QB's in the First 6 Rounds?!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Drafted 4 QB's in the First 6 Rounds?!?

Postby RexRules » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:29 pm

And I mean I drafted 4 QB's with my first six picks, not the league as a whole! And I still think I can win the league! Won the league last year and second the year before.

Had the fifth pick in a ten team league. The thing is our rosters are a little different. We start QB, QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF with the following scoring (everything else is standard, no PPR):

Passing Yards 25 yards per point; 4 points at 300 yards; 3 points at 400 yards
Passing Touchdowns 6
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 4 points at 120 yards; 3 points at 160 yards
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Reception Yards 10 yards per point; 4 points at 120 yards; 3 points at 160 yards
Reception Touchdowns 6

QB: Newton, Ryan, Romo, Eli
RB: McCoy, MJD, Bradshaw, Daryl Richardson, Woodhead
WR: Nicks, Cecil Shorts, Stevie Johnson, Britt, Blackmon, Emanuel Sanders, Rueben Randle, Stephen Hill
TE: No one right now
K: Zuerlein
Def: Pit

As you can see I hate drafting recievers. My plan is to try to turn one of the QB's in to a top runing back when by weeks start coming up. Maybe Rice from the guy that is starting Kaepernick and Locker and has no backups. Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, Brady, RG3, Russel Wilson and Newton were all off the board in the first two rounds so I hope I wasn't too crazy.

WHIR
RexRules
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Drafted 4 QB's in the First 6 Rounds?!?

Postby PhightinPhills » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:45 pm

you sacrificed getting any talent at WR with the exception of hakeem if hes healthy by taking mediocre QBs i had newton last year and he was a bum Ryan is going to be a top 5 QB this year easily so your ok there but eli and romo are nothing special but i would try and move either of them for a stud wr
PhightinPhills
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RexRules » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:35 pm

I really don't understand all of the hate for Romo in fantasy. In our league he was the number six scoring player behind Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, and Ryan. I guess our league is totally different and makes it hard to rate my roster. It is a totally QB driven league with the scoring and the fact that you have to start two QB's every week.
RexRules
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Thefantasyguru2 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:24 pm

Might be one of the worst draft strategies I've seen...

After your first 2 QB's I would have gone after a WR that might actually score some points.

Your only hope is to get a good QB via trade, or pick up Harvin and have him ride the bench til fantasy playoffs.
fantasyfootballdraftboard periodnet - Fantasy Football Draft Boards for your Live Home Draft!(just like The League)
Thefantasyguru2
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby RexRules » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:50 pm

Just pulled off a trade. Look any better?

QB - Newton, Ryan, Romo, Weeden
RB - McCoy, MJD, D Richardson, Woodhead
WR - Demaryius Thomas, Nicks, Cecil Shorts, Emmanuel Sanders, Britt, Blackmon
TE - Finley

Hoping for a hot start from Romo then I can flip him for another top running back. There are zero starting QB available in our league and one team is starting Kapernick and Locker with no backup.
RexRules
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ramzstriker » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:30 pm

I agree with many of the other posters. But I agree that Romo is a great qb this season, especially with the schedule that he has!

Good call on the first trade. You should think about some other offers to make your team even better.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=537490
SchiavoReevesConnection
14 Team PPR
QB: MATT STAFFORD
RB: DOUG MARTIN
RB/WR: AHMAD BRADSHAW
WR: BRANDON MARSHALL
WR/TE: RANDALL COBB
WR/TE: BRIAN HARTLINE
DEF: TEXANS
K: RANDY BULLOCK

BENCH: C. Ivory, Ben Tate, R. Broyles, B. Pettigrew, J. Kerley, A. Dalton
ramzstriker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 22)

Postby default01 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:49 am

I think most of the people criticizing your draft aren't paying enough attention to your league settings.

You got 3 top 10 QBs (yes, Romo is top 10) in a 10 team league that forces teams to start 2 QBs. More teams in your league need to pay attention to those rules. With your QBs and RBs, you can afford a less reliable group of WRs and WR is the easiest position to find upgrades for after the season has started.

The most dominant team I ever had in fantasy was with a league that started 2RB/2WR/2Flex. I ignored WR until round 7 and focused on getting solid RBs for those 2RB/2Flex spots. I was able to find 2 reliable low-end WR2's and only lost one game the entire year. You're going to be in the same position with your starting QBs and RBs this year. Very good draft.

After the trade, your team is even better. You traded a lot of depth but getting Thomas (who I see as the #3 WR for the year) for Eli/Bradshaw/Stevie seems like a steal. I don't like Woodhead as your RB4, but I'd try to hold off on trading your top 3 QBs until you're at least past some of their bye weeks.
default01
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby TaDa » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:42 pm

I like the trade for you, especially after last night.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby hammertime » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:08 pm

Ya Romo is a str8 QB, i don't understand the hate either... I take it this is a super bowl heavy $ league not points. I don't understand where ol boy posted Cam being a bum last year either, i won super bowl, best record and most points and he was my qb., I understand drafting deep in qb in a qb heavy league for trade bait but i don't think u needed to draft 4 of them..
(12 teams)
Eli, Schaub
Spiller, CJK2, Miller, Bell, F-Jax
B-Marsh, Cruz, J Jones, Givens, Broyles
Fleener, Celek, Allen
Bailey

(10 teams)
Peyton, Vick
MCcoy, CJk2, Ridley, Tate, G Bernard
A Brown, Amendola, Wallace, T Smith, Hilton
Cook
Bengels
Jan-ski
hammertime
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 26)

Postby RexRules » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:55 am

Thanks for the help guys. I think I am going to sit tight with what I have now and wait until somebody who really needs a QB offers something good. And to default01, Woodhead scares me as a RB4, but there was no way to get Thomas without giving up Bradshaw, so I will have to live with it for now.
RexRules
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings