Defensive question for week 1 WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Defensive question for week 1 WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Defensive question for week 1 WHIR

Postby righthandman69 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:18 am

So i waited late to grab a Defense, on purpose and plan to exercise waivers throughout the season on a weekly basis. However i am having trouble feeling comfortable with a decision for week 1. Please leave opinions as to who you would start and why. My best options are as follows (First team listed is the defense):

TB defense @ NYJ
DAL defense v NYG
MIA defense @ CLE
NYG defense @ DAL
ARI defense @ STL

WHIR.
righthandman69
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 66)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Defensive question for week 1 WHIR

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:48 am

If you're sticking with the plan of reaching for a defense every week, I'd go with TB this week, mainly due to the fact that the Jets offense sucks, they'll likely be starting Geno, and he's not NFL ready at this point in time, so your bound to get a pick or 4 from him, they'll shut the run down, and the Jets won't score much, maybe 10 points at most.

If you want to get yourself out of the every week gamble for a D, I'd go with the Giants, they have a decent D, and a "relatively" soft schedule. I'd put Tb at #2 on this list, then Arizona, Dallas, and Miami holding the bottom spot.

edit-
Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=536122
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench