Who do you think is going to win the Super Bowl - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who do you think is going to win the Super Bowl

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:26 pm

I think New Englands utter lack of anything resembling an offense bars them from making it to the Super Bowl. At least Baltimore had Jamal Lewis in 98.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:01 pm

KC will be a two seed and I would bet play IND in Arrowhead ala 1995....If we get by Indy I see us beating NE....KC can defend the pass esp when they jump out and get a lead. IND-KC could be a 51-48 type deal and NE has no running game to beat us with....they can run well at times but if its bad weather and we can run the ball and they cant watch out.

I say KC - Philly....Vermeil OLD vs. Vermeil NEW

What a game that would be!!!
Arrowhead Nation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bazooka » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:27 pm

As much as it pains me to say this, I think the Pats are going to win it all. They know how to grind it out, beat all comers (including the good teams) and know how to win shoot outs and low scoring games alike. Their defense is a nasty no-name D and their offense is much like the Ravens offense that won the Super Bowl (without a stud RB).

As for who they'll beat in the Super Bowl, I say it could be the Panthers.
Bazooka
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:25 pm

KingGhidra wrote:I think New Englands utter lack of anything resembling an offense bars them from making it to the Super Bowl. At least Baltimore had Jamal Lewis in 98.

has it stopped them the last 10 weeks, nope. they have just go out and beat teams like Tennessee, Miami (twice), Denver, and Indy. I don't see why it should stop them from going to the Super Bowl.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:28 pm

kevinashcraft wrote:.they can run well at times but if its bad weather and we can run the ball and they cant watch out.

that's what Miami thought, adn the Pats still shut them out
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:52 pm

When you get to the postseason, you have to be able to score a ton and/or be able to stop all scoring. That said, I have to take New England over Indianapolis (because they are a great defense) and St. Louis over Philadelphia (because they can light it up and their defense is on fire). I'd love to see Indy make it, but will they be able to score on New England when in counts?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby brdmaverick » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:34 am

The Patriots just flat out do what they have to do to win. They score over 30 wehn they have to, and they will keep the other team out of hte end zone when they have to .
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:13 am

I like Vermeil not as old vs Vermeil new. Rams vs KC.

I may be laying a wager on the Rams when I spend X-mas in Vegas. That is either going to be my best christmas ever or my most pathetic ever. I'm not sure which.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jpmac777 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:38 am

Pats vs Eagles
jpmac777
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:00 am

I thought we already did this topic a couple of months ago. The Buccaneers can't be denied. They are simply the best team in the league, and their D might just be the best of all time! There are a few games to go before the SB. Anything can happen. As it stands right now, the Pats can't be denied. Brady can do enough on O and their D is solid. They have a look of a champion.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk