M Kendricks, B. Carter or D. Washington instead of... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

M Kendricks, B. Carter or D. Washington instead of...

M Kendricks, B. Carter or D. Washington instead of...

Postby mike208 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:02 pm

I went a round earlier and stole J.J. Watt because he was the man for me last year. Also have Sean lee who I know will be a beast if he can stay healthy, then Geno Atkins was the top guy who i recognized available when I was ready to draft D again, and Greg Hardy was the top guy available even though I was not familiar with him when I had to draft my 4th(rankings based on ESPN)

Yahoo projects them at 186, 166, 113 and 114 respectively. Guys still available like Kendricks((147pts), Bruce Carter(138pts, but I already have lee, so that would hurt on a bye), Daryl Washington(137pts). There are a few other guys projected in the 140 point range many of which I am not familiar with. Nick Roach, Donald Butler, Justin Houston, Stephen Tulloch, Brad Jones, Zach Brown(I thought he had a band lol).

Are any of these guys worth picking up over the guys I get(most notably Atkins and Hardy? Thanks
mike208
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: M Kendricks, B. Carter or D. Washington instead of...

Postby wtr23 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:03 pm

What are roster requirements for your IDPs? Lee is the only LB in that group, and as a general rule LB (MLB more specifically) is a position to load up on. Tulloch is a true MLB in a 4-3 scheme, while Kendricks and Butler are both playing in a 3-4 defense (more competition for tackles). Kendricks is being hyped quite a bit as well, and he's the youngest of the group so he'd be worth a stash in dynasty/keeper leagues. Washington is arguably the best player in that group, but he got into some trouble in the offseason so I'd avoid him until that's sorted out. He may miss half the season and thats just not worth it in my opinion.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 237)

Re: M Kendricks, B. Carter or D. Washington instead of...

Postby mike208 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:15 pm

wtr23 wrote:What are roster requirements for your IDPs? Lee is the only LB in that group, and as a general rule LB (MLB more specifically) is a position to load up on. Tulloch is a true MLB in a 4-3 scheme, while Kendricks and Butler are both playing in a 3-4 defense (more competition for tackles). Kendricks is being hyped quite a bit as well, and he's the youngest of the group so he'd be worth a stash in dynasty/keeper leagues. Washington is arguably the best player in that group, but he got into some trouble in the offseason so I'd avoid him until that's sorted out. He may miss half the season and thats just not worth it in my opinion.

In this league there are no requirements for defensive positions. I generally do go for LB's, but obviously Watt was a no brainer, and Lee was a pretty solid pick too if he stays healthy. Like I said, afetr that I was going off ESPN's rankings of defensive players, and they had Atkins and Hardy rated well above the next linebacker on the list. I didn't know about about washingtons off the field troubles, thanks for that. This is not a keeper league, but Kendricks is being hyped a lot
mike208
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)

Return to IDP