Are my WRs good enough? WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Are my WRs good enough? WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Are my WRs good enough? WHIR!

Postby NittanyLions1 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:50 pm

I think thats my major question. What do you think overall? Yahoo 10-team Standard Scoring with extra starters. I picked 3rd

QB: Stafford (6)
RB: McCoy (1)
RB: SJax (2)
WR: VJackson (4)
WR: Welker (5)
WR: Wallace (7)
TE: Graham (3)
FLEX: Ivory (8)
DST: Cincy (14)
K: Shayne Grahame (16)

BENCH
QB: Russell Wilson (11)
RB: DeAngelo Williams (9),
WR: Mike Williams (10), Emmanuel Sanders (12), Heyward-Bey (13), Andre Roberts (15)
NittanyLions1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Are my WRs good enough? WHIR!

Postby MPappadato » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:42 pm

To answer your question, no.

The good news? They don't have to be. Graham is your number 1 WR, and he performs like one. So you can knock everyone down a tier- VJax as a 2 is great, and although I don't like either this season, one of Wallace and Welker is surely good enough to be a 3, and will both likely outpace most TEs (as we've adjusted expectations so Graham is compared to opposing teams' number 1 WR while your last WR will be compared to opposing TEs) I think you're very deep here, with Williams on the bench in a 3 WR league. Use this depth.

I think your concern for your WR core left you weak at RB. I love McCoy, and while I'm lukewarm on Jackson he's just fine as a 2. But Ivory and Williams, while they have the jobs, offer limited upside. Ivory due to his offense being a tire fire, and Williams because he won't score many/any TDs inside the red zone.

Rbs come into the league though- Morris last year, Murray 2 years prior, etc. Just keep a sharp eye on waivers and opportune trades and you'll do just fine.

If you'd like to help out on mine, here it is.
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=536335

Thanks!
MPappadato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Are my WRs good enough? WHIR!

Postby kjmiller127 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:08 am

Qbs - upside with Stafford. A lot of people like wilson, but sophmore slump? Not sure if he'll put up beastly numbers, but solid behind Stafford.

Rbs - Could use some help here. Jackson is up there in years but should get good utilization on a very good ATL offense. McCoy is a decent play there, don't like deangelo williams, they run by committee in Carolina and with Cam newton taking some running plays for himself and passing a decent amount it's a hard situation there.

WRs - Not bad, you have some decent depth, no one screaming elite talent though. We'll see how Welker does on a WR talented team where Manning will probably spread the ball around a lot. Jury will also be out on wallace. You ahve decent enough depth though to make some moves or play that matchups week to week.

Te - you got the top TE in a class by himself, drop off after him so solid pickup, hopefully didnt cost too much for you to get him though.

Cincy defense should be studly.

Overall not too bad, you could use some help at RB and WR, but nothing you need to hurry about right now. You could wait and see how things play out with the talent you have.

please help mine - viewtopic.php?t=536485
kjmiller127
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 52)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings