Thoughts on my team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Thoughts on my team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoughts on my team

Postby bandoogie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:59 am

It was a 12team ppr. I think I leaned toward a riskier, more upside minded draft. WHIR.

QB:Michael Vick
WR:Calvin Johnson
WR: Danny Amendola
RB: Matt Forte
RB: Reggie Bush
TE: Jordan Cameron
FLEX: Darren McFadden

Bench:
Daryl Richardson
Montee Ball
Josh Gordon
Kenbrell Thompkins
Roy Helu
Christine Michael
Rueben Randle
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thoughts on my team

Postby bradleyk » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:03 am

Ya, I think you're right. Everyone on your team has crazy upside, but a lot of them also have scary floors, too. The one thing that immediately jumps out at me is that the only QB on your roster is Mike Vick, who will absolutely not stay healthy for 16 games. No backup at all. Who's on the waiver wire?

Forte and Bush are great for PPR. McFadden is a lot like Vick in that he'll be good when he's healthy. Ball likely will be a nice flex fill in. No other RB on your roster really will likely make a serious impact, but that's OK. When McFadden plays, you'll have 3 solid RBs, any one of whom can lead that week for the position.

WR is a bit trickier. Obviously, CJ is a slam dunk. I'm not sure I believe in Amendola (it's like a choir singing a chorus. Played 10 games of the last 32.) Gordon and Thompkins have crazy upside but may actually not do anything, and of course Randle is a nice handcuff. I think you're set at WR, but if Amendola goes down again, I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable.

TE - Cameron is another one of those TEs like Finley was last year. Big huge freak of nature who hasn't ever produced before. He's a big boom or bust pick for you, but if he's bust, there's probably something on the waiver wire.

All in all, I think you're right. This team can really go places. The problem is that some of those places aren't places where you'd want to go. You'll be a lot more worried about knees than anyone else in your league, but you're probably the only one with the capacity to drop 200 any given week. I like the roster, as long as it's not mine.
bradleyk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 111)

Postby Lucky7 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:31 pm

Good PPR team with huge upside potential.
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Thoughts on my team

Postby TheBeaker » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:44 pm

Crazy upside is right. My biggest issue with something like this is that it's like the stars have to align x3 for it to work. But if it does.... Hot damn. Too many ifs though.
Hope it works out for you.
TheBeaker
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 169)

Postby Game » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:57 pm

I like your team tons of upside definitley some risk involved. In a 12 team league I'd prefer Romo or Luck in the back end over Vick but he certainly has tons of upside especially in Chip Kelly's offense. WR looks solid I'm big on Amendola this year most of injuries have been of the freak variety. Solid PPR backs, love Mcfadden as a flex but at this point you have to assume he'll get hurt. Ball will make a solid backup.

After the first 4 or 5 top tight ends it's a crapshoot anyway and I think Cameron has tons of upside so I'm fine with him. Overall solid team I think you'll be in the hunt if your guys stay healthy.
Game
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby josborne2186 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:27 pm

Pretty much going along with what everyone else has said. If your team can stay healthy, and perform to the level we all know they once did, then you have a huge upside team that can be great. But having Vick, Forte, Amendola and McFadden all staying healthy is a tall order.
josborne2186
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 71)

Postby sabercats » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:35 pm

Thanks for replying in my post.
I like your team when they are healthy. But you need to pick QB to replace M Vick because he will not last long.
sabercats
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 48)

Postby lazytitan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:56 pm

real gutsy roster. Just like everyone else said if they can stay healthy and reclaim those glory days...
lazytitan
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Roster Ratings