Thoughts on my PPR team?...whir - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Thoughts on my PPR team?...whir

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoughts on my PPR team?...whir

Postby magus » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:44 pm

Just drafted last night in a 12-team ppr, my first draft of the year. Settings are as follows:

Passing Every 20 passing yards (PY20) 1
TD Pass (PTD) 6
40+ yard TD pass bonus (PTD40) 2 50+ yard TD pass bonus (PTD50) 3 Interceptions Thrown (INT) -2 2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 2
300-399 yard passing game (P300) 3 400+ yard passing game (P400) 5

Rushing Every 10 rushing yards (RY10) 1 TD Rush (RTD) 6
40+ yard TD rush bonus (RTD40) 2 50+ yard TD rush bonus (RTD50) 3
2pt Rushing Conversion (2PR) 2 100-199 yard rushing game (RY100) 4
200+ yard rushing game (RY200) 5

Receiving Every 10 receiving yards (REY10) 1 Each reception (REC) 1
TD Reception (RETD) 6 40+ yard TD rec bonus (RETD40) 2
50+ yard TD rec bonus (RETD50) 3 2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2
100-199 yard receiving game (REY100) 4 200+ yard receiving game (REY200) 5

So, it's a ppr with a lot of bonuses. Plus, QB TD's are 6 with 20 PY per point. I've left out DST/K, because I don't really care and I drafted both in the last two rounds. That said, here's the team I drafted. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, a TE and Flex. I've also indicated the draft pick # I drafted a player next to their name:

QB: Russell Wilson (63), Jay Cutler (130)
RB: CJ Spiller (10), D Sproles (34), R Bush (Flex) (39), Daryl Richardson (82),
Danny Woodhead (159)
WR: Calvin Johnson (15), Golden Tate (87), Chris Givens (106), Kenbrell Thompkins (111),
Kendall Wright (135), DeAndre Hopkins (154)
TE: J Witten (58)

So, what do you think? Where do you see holes? Think it’ll be competitive? I’ve considered dropping Woodhead for J Bell, as I have Bush and I’d love to lock up the Det passing game. Leave a link and I’ll return the favor. Thanks!
magus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thoughts on my PPR team?...whir

Postby MPappadato » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:55 pm

You definitely did a good job adjusting for PPR. I like all your RB in that format, and Calvin- what more needs to be said?

Witten is a great PPR TE.

I do think you're weak at WR2, but you have lots of lotto tickets to see if someone will emerge.

I think your best move is to just wait it out and play the market. Wait for one of your WR to have a good week, then see if you can package 2 of them or one of them and a running back for a more consistent WR2

I think you've got a playoff team here. Good luck!

If you'd like to help with mine, I'd appreciate it
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=536335
MPappadato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby kjmiller127 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:26 am

Qb - Sophmore slump with Russell Wilson? Maybe, but not a bad QB to have. Cutler will cause you a lot of headaches. for every good game he has 1-2 bad games or a terrible one in there every now and then. Might want to upgrade slightly if you can.

RB - Pretty solid. Spiller is a beast, sproles is hit or miss, I like Bush more than sproles. Richardson could have a big year in STL with all the weapons they've accumulated. Danny woodhead, meh.

WR - Johnson obvioulsy a beast. A lot of upside with your other 3. Givens is a #1 in STL and Thompkins could see a lot of passes his way supposedly.

TE - Witten gets a lot of looks, as long as he stays healthy.

You're solid at RB and if things play out well with your WR you're in good shape, watch them closely. Your QBs might need improvement, wait and see.

please help with mine, Thanks! viewtopic.php?t=536485
kjmiller127
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 52)

Postby Delhomme17 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:13 am

I think this is a very good team and would be quite surprised if you didn't make the playoffs.

QB: Great two guys to have. Cutler is a high-upside backup and the yardage bonuses could really add value. Wilson should get it done with his legs even when he's not getting it done through the air, and IMO is a top-10 guys.

RB: How in the world did you land Sproles and Bush so late in a PPR league? Wow. This is an insane group of RB's, IMO. Richardson has a ton of potential as a bye week fill-in. I think I'd hang onto Woodhead; if you really want Bell, drop Kendall Wright.

WR: Here's your hole. You're obviously in great shape at WR1 (how was Megatron still there at #15?!), but your other guys are all of the high-upside/relatively unproven variety. Tate, Givens, Thompkins, and Hopkins are all guys I've targeted in other leagues as WR3's or late-round value picks and I LOVE all 4, but I'd be a bit uneasy relying on any of them to be my WR2 at this point. Hopefully for you (and me), at least one of the bunch breaks out and becomes a star. Wright is a step below this group, IMO. He has talent, but his QB situation is shakey at best. If you're going to drop anyone to pick up Bell, it should be him.

TE: Nicely done. PPR monster. I like the 1-TE strategy. Past a certain point, TE is a pretty deep position; pick up a bye week fill-in when you need one.

Hope that helps. Here's mine: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=536483
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 508)

Postby midwestpatsfan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:01 am

Overall I really like your team.
I am not as high on Russell Wilson as others, but most know more than me, so.....

I love your RB's. You dominated that aspect of the ppr draft. Sproles and Bush are awesome!

Like the others have said, your WR's are a little weak after Megatron. Lots of potential in that group. I am actually high on Givens and Thompkins but it is a little scary to go into a season with so many unproven guys.

TE-Whitten is a beast in PPR leagues. enough said.

You might try and move Richardson for a more proven WR. You are so stacked at RB that losing Richardson wont hurt you. Plus, when Pied gets back from suspension, he could lose carries.

Check mine out please
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=536506
midwestpatsfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings