Any advice would be great, ill return the favor! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Any advice would be great, ill return the favor!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Any advice would be great, ill return the favor!

Postby bdub » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:57 pm

Im in a 10 team league, ppr
My active team is
QB: Kaepernick, Palmer (2 qb league)
RB: Rice, Lynch, David Wilson in the flex
WR: Victor Cruz, Dwayne Bowe, Anquan Boldin (Tavon Austin and Kenny Britt on the bench)
TE: Jermichael Finley (Fred Davis on my bench)

Im a little let down about my draft, any reason for me to not hate my team completely? Trying to trade for a number 1 receiver, think that would help?
bdub
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Any advice would be great, ill return the favor!

Postby Broham » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:55 pm

I wouldn't be down on the team at all.

You have 2 RB1s and a potentially a breakout flex.

I'm pretty high on Kenny Britt this year, and he could fill in for a flex spot or WR3 if needed.

Overall, I like it. How is your depth at RB? If its strong, you could look at trading Lynch for a top tier WR1, but thats a coin toss to me.
Broham
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Postby mfbball04 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:21 pm

I like the team as a whole but I agree with the above poster.. How is your depth at rb?
viewtopic.php?t=536383
QB- Matt Ryan. T Pryor
RB- Arian Foster, Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush, Joique Bell
WR- Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Bowe, Steve Smith, Greg Jennings, Nate Washington, Keenan Allen
TE- Jermichael Finley, Coby Fleener
D- Seahawks
10 man .5 PPR
mfbball04
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 101)

Postby goose in my step » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:24 pm

You have an awesome team. Palmer is a nice pick especially in 2QB leagues, he's extremely underrated this season. Moreover, you have a double headed monster at RB with Lynch and Rice. David Wilson is a nice flex and on top of that Bowe and Cruz both have top 15 potential. Considering the rest of your team there isnt as big of a drop in your starting WR as I would accept. Im curious whether there were keeper implications or if this was an auction draft. No way you come up with this squad in a snake draft.
Good team overall tho, should be a playoff contender ;-D

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=536343
goose in my step
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 185)

Postby bdub » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:58 am

I was the 9th pick. IVe always been a believer in going running back early and often, most of the other league seemed to be gunning for qbs early. That eventually led to a crazy qb run very early in the draft. Im just not a huge fan of ray rice this year lol. My depth at rb is pretty weak after those 2, but I have the 2nd waiver claim hoping some hidden names come out after the first week. According to Yahoo's report card, Im predicted to go winless lol.
bdub
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Broham » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:32 am

Yahoo's report card is a joke.
Broham
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Postby dn69141 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:32 pm

If Palmer produces like some expect him to... I can almost promise you won't go winless. I think you have a good solid average safe team. If a couple of your guys (finley, wilson, palmer) break out.. well you could be a good contender for a champion. Lots of variables, but winless... that's a bit below the belt.
dn69141
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bdub » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:33 pm

I forgot to mention that I have Josh Freeman and E.J Manuel on my bench, pretty questionable qbs, I know. Do any of you recommend dropping either of them for a wr on the waiver wire (maybe a Justin Blackmon for after week 4?) or maybe Lynch's handcuff Christine Michaels?
bdub
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby kjmiller127 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:43 am

QBs - Not bad with kaepernick. Palmer as a starter might not be the best. Will have to watch this. Try to find a 3rd QB to add depth plus you can decide who you want to start based on matchups.

RBs - Really like your RBs. Rice is a beast in Balt that is the clear #1, lynch is also a beast so good RBs there. Wilson is supposedly coming up in NY and should get some big runs, I do hear that they would use Brown more at Goal line though so thats something to watch, but as a 3rd RB not bad.

WRs - Cruz is a good #1 and Bowe should be more involved with Alex smith throwing and Andy Reid coaching, a lot of talent in KC. Boldin is a great #3 for your team and there is some upside with Austin

TE - HIt or miss. Finley is getting up there and Rodgers spreads the ball around a lot, so hard to count on.

Please help with mine! - viewtopic.php?t=536485
kjmiller127
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 52)

Postby Delhomme17 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:04 am

I like your RB's a lot. Two proven studs and a high-upside guy to play on byes and in the flex spot. Your problem is that you're thin. I'd have definitely snagged another RB if I were you.

Your receivers could either boom or bust. Cruz has had pre-season injury problems but is a stud, Bowe finally has a good QB, albeit one not very adept at playing to Bowe's strengths, Boldin may have trouble being "the guy" in SF at his age, Austin is a rookie with a questionable QB situation, and Britt is a talent-rich headcase. I personally like your crops of guys here, but don't be surprised if a few of them don't pan out according to plan.

Finley and Davis are excellent TE's.

Your QB situation is solid. Kaepernick has his work cut out for him with Crabtree going down, but his legs will keep him valuable no matter what happens through the air. Palmer has a chance to light it up with Fitz, but his best days are behind him and his ceiling is fairly low, IMO. Not a bad QB2 pick at all, though.

I think you're in good shape. This looks like a team that will finish in the top half of your league and have a very good shot at the playoffs (I assume 4 teams make it?).

Hope that helps. Here's mine: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=536483
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 509)

Next

Return to Roster Ratings