Brees future is on waivers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brees future is on waivers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Shatner8 » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:15 pm

V-unit wrote:Do you guys see maybe Kurt Warner or Couch going to SD?

That would makes sense, so with Marty there it definitely wont happen
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Newbie » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:28 pm

if brees doesnt show something then chargers have a very good shot at eli manning or that other really good college QB, cant remember his name :(
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ScrippyDoobies » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:39 pm

I know this is off topic, but someone brought up Warner. I wish the Vikings would trade for Warner, and get rid of Culpepper the choking turnover machine. Warner would go from one dome to another. Warner to Moss would be an unstoppable combo IMO. I know it will never happen, but im just throwing it out there.
ScrippyDoobies
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Shatner8 » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:48 pm

C'mon Culpepper is a great QB what are you complaining about. They could be much worse off. Look at the Cardinals and the Bears
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby emaja » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:20 pm

ScrippyDoobies wrote:I know this is off topic, but someone brought up Warner. I wish the Vikings would trade for Warner, and get rid of Culpepper the choking turnover machine. Warner would go from one dome to another. Warner to Moss would be an unstoppable combo IMO. I know it will never happen, but im just throwing it out there.

Now there's a trade that makes no sense at all. Trade a young, mobile QB for an older, slower, shell-shocked one. You think Culpepper throws INT's - do you remember Warner?

Culpepper may not be a perfect QB, but he did not lose this game for the Vikes. The Bears just plain beat 'em.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:21 pm

I would much rather have Culpepper than Warner. Wow, there's not even a contest.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ScrippyDoobies » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:51 pm

i was somewhat kidding, but i dont think culpepper is good at all, moss makes him look a lot better then he is, hes a turnover machine, and when the game is on the line he folds, like in the giants game, and todays game, yah moss got it taken away, but the pass could have been better, i mean even QB's like jeff george looked good playing with the vikings, and randall cunningham was old and considered over the hill when he had his mvp season with the vikings.
ScrippyDoobies
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby emaja » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:58 pm

Blaming CPepp for the losses is just silly. Get a defense, then call me and we'll talk. They've been in a free fall for weeks now, and Vikes fans are calling out their QB?

We've been over this before in the Cafe. There are many QB's that Culpepper has less TO's than, many of them considered "better" QB's than him.

If he is sooo bad, name all the teams that would trade their QB for him - straight up, assuming no salary cap issues. There are plenty, bud. It is a much shorter list if you name the ones that won't.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Previous

Return to Football Talk