#3 Pick?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

#3 Pick??

Moderator: Football Moderators

#3 Pick??

Postby GreenFish » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:54 pm

10 Team half point PPR Re-Draft league. Draft next week.

Most places rank Peterson one and Doug Martin two. Obviously if either of these guys slide I will snatch them up.

Who is number 3? It seems like there are a lot of guys 3-7 or so that are about the same. Each with upside but a bit of a catch.

Spiller - Buffalo - QB situation a little scary
Charles - KC - It still is KC. Charles a bit fragile.
McCoy - Philly - Hmm. Pretty Solid I guess. Coming off injury last year though. Something also worries me about Chip Kelly offense in the NFL.
Foster - Houston - Injury worry a bit. News I hear is Tate is going to get a few more carries even when Foster is in there.
Lynch - Seattle - Solid. Back is a bit of a concern.

I a leaning towards Lynch, McCoy, or Spiller. The more I think about it though the more confused I get.
GreenFish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: #3 Pick??

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:07 pm

GreenFish wrote:10 Team half point PPR Re-Draft league. Draft next week.

Most places rank Peterson one and Doug Martin two. Obviously if either of these guys slide I will snatch them up.

Who is number 3? It seems like there are a lot of guys 3-7 or so that are about the same. Each with upside but a bit of a catch.

Spiller - Buffalo - QB situation a little scary
Charles - KC - It still is KC. Charles a bit fragile.
McCoy - Philly - Hmm. Pretty Solid I guess. Coming off injury last year though. Something also worries me about Chip Kelly offense in the NFL.
Foster - Houston - Injury worry a bit. News I hear is Tate is going to get a few more carries even when Foster is in there.
Lynch - Seattle - Solid. Back is a bit of a concern.

I a leaning towards Lynch, McCoy, or Spiller. The more I think about it though the more confused I get.

These guys are all pretty close, to me its personal preference. Spiller will get the bulk of the carries and has only missed something like 3 games in his nfl career, and will get the ball "until he throws up" so I imagine thats going to be a lot..

Charles will be the most talented back Andy Reid has ever had, all his backs are very productive, not sure where the fragile thing came from, he had an ACL and came back and looked amazing. If Charles is fragile, so is Peterson.

McCoy will get used a lot this year, and he will be getting catches to boot. From reports, the Eagles haven't showed much in the preseason, and they've been able to move the ball which was my main concern.

Foster, where do I start with this guy, he's missed 3 games in his career, had a MUCH worse injury scare before last season, and is the highest scoring RB in the past 3 years. He's a constant goalline threat. Sure he may lose some carries to Tate, but think back to when Tate was healthy, Foster was BETTER.

Lynch is the least appealing to me, but I'm of the mind that I want backs that catch the ball as well. Lynch is probably the best in terms of guaranteed carries, though I would not be suprised if Micheal gets in there and starts taking a few carries, so if you're worried about Tate and Foster's back, then you should be worried about Lynch as well.

For me, its Foster, Charles, McCoy, Spiller, Lynch. But like I said, its completely personal preference, so I wouldnt argue if you had them in the completely opposite order.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Football

#3 Pick??

Postby GreenFish » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:21 pm

Thanks Prophecy.
GreenFish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: #3 Pick??

Postby Txbred » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:29 pm

I passed on martin at #3 to take charles
Txbred
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Football

#3 Pick??

Postby GreenFish » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:25 pm

Draft tomorrow. Anybody else want to chime in on this? Thanks.

I'm leaning McCoy now.
GreenFish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions