Brian Billick your playcalling sucks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brian Billick your playcalling sucks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brian Billick your playcalling sucks

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:27 pm

Down by 8 with five minutes left and he lets Anthony Wright decide the game?!? You've got Jamal Lewis, arguably the best back in the league, and you don't give him the ball? Awful.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:29 pm

KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby phackney » Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:55 pm

Try having Mike Mularkey call plays.
phackney
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby emaja » Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:59 pm

Or John Shoop.

"Third and 14, WR screen pass to Marty Booker for 2 yard gain. Bears have to punt."
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby SheLovesFootball » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:48 pm

the big red juicy apple on this one... <cussing like a sailor> Ravens pretty much handed CINCY the division on this lackluster performance
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:26 am

SheLovesFootball wrote:the big red juicy apple on this one... <cussing like a sailor> Ravens pretty much handed CINCY the division on this lackluster performance

Cincy has a 1-1 schedule ahead, Balti has a 2-0 schedule. Slight advantage to Balti, assuming they play to form.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SheLovesFootball » Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:03 am

KingGhidra wrote:
SheLovesFootball wrote:the big red juicy apple on this one... <cussing like a sailor> Ravens pretty much handed CINCY the division on this lackluster performance

Cincy has a 1-1 schedule ahead, Balti has a 2-0 schedule. Slight advantage to Balti, assuming they play to form.

King, I usually tend to agree with your posts... and I like to think of myself as a pretty positive fan... but.. the Ravens are 2-5 on the road... we have to play CLEVE next week... and if ONE dog-gone person says "they suck".. save it... thats what they said before the Chokeland Faders game too...

lastly, Ravens play PITTS at home Dec 28th 8:30 pm ...... their fate should be known prior to kickoff... I would go out on a limb to say if the Pitts game is a must-win situation..... count on the Ravens to lose.. I have seen it happen all too many times.. :(

I am still a lil salty after the pitiful showing from last night!
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jpmac777 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:39 am

Did Mrob make the trip
jpmac777
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:13 pm

SheLovesFootball wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:

King, I usually tend to agree with your posts... and I like to think of myself as a pretty positive fan... but.. the Ravens are 2-5 on the road... we have to play CLEVE next week... and if ONE dog-gone person says "they suck".. save it... thats what they said before the Chokeland Faders game too...

lastly, Ravens play PITTS at home Dec 28th 8:30 pm ...... their fate should be known prior to kickoff... I would go out on a limb to say if the Pitts game is a must-win situation..... count on the Ravens to lose.. I have seen it happen all too many times.. :(

I am still a lil salty after the pitiful showing from last night!

This loss to Oakland is the kind of game a good team bounces back from and demolishes their next opponent. Not only is it for the playoffs, not only is it a division rivalry game, but it's the Browns-Ravens(ex Browns). I think as hard as the Browns try to play and keep the score close, they just can't win this next game. They have no o-line, no QB, no RB and an average defense.

I'd be 10x more worried about the Pitt game than the Cleveland game. Pitt refuses to roll over and just play for a draft pick next year. Cowher seems determined to finish 7-9 come hell or high water.

I'm not sure how all the tie breakers work out. If you both go 1-1, Cincy's loss would have to be against Clevelend or they'd have a better division record. If you both win out and finish 10-6, the first 3 tie breakers are even (head to head, division, common opponents).

The next tie breaker is conference record... Do they include Division games, or just Conference games outside your division (I guess it doesn't matter since you'd have identical div. records anyway)? You'd both be 7-5 in the conf. assuming you win out.

Next is strength of victory... I'm not sure how that one works, is it the difference between points for and against? If so Baltimore has a huge advantage there since Cincy has given up more than they've scored.

Basically it looks like win 2 and you're in. If you split 1-1, then it's Cincy. If Cincy's win came against the Rams, they're in (better record against common opponents). If it's against Cleveland, they're in (better division record). Any other scenario when you're tied without 10 wins goes to Cincy.

Of course, you still have a shot at the wildcard since you hold head-to-head over Denver, but Miami holds it over you. In a 3-way tie, I think it goes to Miami since the first tie breaker would be record against each other.

Miami 1-0
Baltimore 1-1
Denver 0-1

Of course, you'd need Miami to lose their next three to finish 8-8 and Denver to lose their next two to finish 9-7 and you'd be the #6 seed edging out Denver...

Okay this has gotten way more in-depth than I had expected. Win 2 and you're in.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:10 pm

phackney wrote:Try having Mike Mularkey call plays.

No kidding,whatever happened to that razzle-dazzle he had last year...never knew what to expect.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk