10-team PPR, 3rd pick (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10-team PPR, 3rd pick (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

10-team PPR, 3rd pick (WHIR)

Postby Delhomme17 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:00 am

Just drafted this team last night. I think my obvious weak area is QB since Vick is so injury-prone. I considered taking a QB early, but there was so much value to be had re: position players that I couldn't justify it. I actually wanted to wait a bit longer than I did to take a QB, but a fair number of folks has backups by the time the 10th round rolled (I was the last to take a QB) around so I snatched up Vick. High-upside guy for sure, but ideally I'd have someone with a less checkered past.

The league starts: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX, TE, K, DST

1. Jamaal Charles
2. Matt Forte
3. Julio Jones
4. David Wilson
5. Pierre Garcon
6. Antonio Brown
7. Daryl Richardson
8. Cecil Shorts
9. Greg Olsen
10. Michael Vick
11. Chris Givens
12. Ben Tate
13. Kenbrell Thompkins
14. Zach Sudfeld
15. Sebastian Janikowski
16. Cardinals DST

Thanks in advance for your comments. Leave a link and I'd be glad to give your roster a once-over as well.

EDIT--Here's my roster by position:

QB: Vick
RB: Charles, Forte, Wilson, Richardson, Tate
WR: Jones, Garcon, Brown, Shorts, Givens, Thompkins
TE: Olsen, Sudfeld
K: Janikowski
DST: Cardinals
Last edited by Delhomme17 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 509)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10-team PPR, 3rd pick (WHIR)

Postby kjmiller127 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:23 am

next time divide up your players into groups when listing in a forum, will make it easier and quicker for people to help you.

You have great RBs - Charles will be used a lot in KC, Forte will also get a lot of touches/catches. David wilson will rip off some decent runs in NY

Your WRs are not bad, Julio is a beast, great #1 receiver for you. Other than that you have some ok WRs with some upside (Givens and Thompkins)

Olson was a big target for Newton last year so that might not be a bad TE

Big concern is QB for you. All you have is an older, injury proned, turnover machine Michael Vick. I would ditch a WR where you are deep and try to get another QB on your roster. If anything its good to have at least 2 so you can play the matchups week to week

Please help with mine! viewtopic.php?t=536485
kjmiller127
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 52)

Postby tonawanda07 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:49 pm

QB: Vick
RB: Charles, Forte, Wilson, Richardson, Tate
WR: Jones, Garcon, Brown, Shorts, Givens, Thompkins
TE: Olsen, Sudfeld
K: Janikowski
DST: Cardinals

yes qb is obviously the biggest weakness but with him a high risk high upside player could pay dividends and may be your make or break for the season

rbs are really solid and i like the wilson being the 3rd rb. high upside player is deff something i like out of my flex spot

being able to get julio, a top tier wr with your rbs is pretty great and i think garcon will bounce back

sudfeld could be a huge stud at the te position so i really like him as ur 2nd te
tonawanda07
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby midwestpatsfan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:00 pm

Thanks for looking at mine,
Love your top 2 RB's. Both were my targets in the draft.

As in real life football, it is going to come down to QB play. I was not high on Wilson, so I think I would have looked at QB in the 4th, but to each his own.

Your WR's are a little bit of a ? Lots of talent and upside and with that group hopefully a couple will live up to expectations.

Overall, a very good team. Just have to hope for Vick of 2 years ago.

Good Luck
midwestpatsfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bdub » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:56 pm

I like your core running backs, especially in a ppr league. If Forte can stay healthy, hes going to put up some big numbers this year i think. Same goes for Julio Jones. While I do like Vick, and if he's healthy he can put up big numbers, but I just dont know if I trust him. With that said, the one thing I like about Vick is he can be a dual threat throwing and running. I love having qbs on my team that can do that. I think Givens is going to break out now that Amendola isn't there. Curious as to what qbs are left on the waiver wire?
bdub
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Delhomme17 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:46 pm

Meh, not much. People were drafting two and three QB's, which I really don't understand in a 10-team league. I'm considering shopping Vick since I'm in a league full of Falcons fans who still love the dude. I like his upside a lot, but I'd also like the piece of mind that would come with owning a guy without Vick's injury history.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 509)

Return to Roster Ratings