10-team PPR League, Please Rate team (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10-team PPR League, Please Rate team (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

10-team PPR League, Please Rate team (WHIR)

Postby kjmiller127 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:12 am

10 teams, PPR league. Please rate my team, looking for suggestions on maybe some positions need to improve on.

QB (start 1)
Cam Newton
A. Dalton
S. Bradford

RB (start 2)
A. Foster
L. Miller
A. Bradshaw
F. Jackson
Andre Brown

WR (start 2)
Dez Bryant
Daryius Thomas
Kendall Wright
Chris Givens

TE (start 1)
Jimmy Graham

Def (start 1)
San Fran
St. Louis

We also have a flex w/r position

Will help in return, thanks for the help!!!
kjmiller127
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 52)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10-team PPR League, Please Rate team (WHIR)

Postby Delhomme17 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:39 am

QB: You're in great shape. My only gripe here is that you're rostering three guys, two of whom aren't very good trade bait. Drafting a backup is fine, but I think you could've gotten better value by drafting a skill guy instead of a third QB.

RB: Foster's injuries worry me, but he's still a stud and I can't knock you for choosing him. I'm a little concerned about your depth if he goes down, though. Bradshaw, depending on where you got him, could be an excellent pick. He's supposedly going to be a 3-down guy, and Luck will spread the field for him and keep DB's playing back. Jackson and Brown are backups, but the latter seems like he'll be a decently-large part of the Giants plans. Miller was a guy I avoided; if the coaching staff has to pump up Daniel Thomas to motivate you, you set off alarm bells in my mind. Upside guy, but one I was afraid to take a chance on. Hopefully he ends up silencing the haters.

WR: Love this crew. You've got two studs and a guy in Givens who, IMO, has WR2 potential--maybe someone you could start at flex at some point down the road. Not a Wright fan, but I assume you got him late. Wish you were one guy deeper here, as an injury could really screw you over, but as it stands you're in good shape.

TE: Graham...Graham...nope, never heard of the guy. ;-D

DEF: Wouldn't have gone after a second defense, but that's just me. SF is obviously a great pick.

If you can stay healthy, you're on track for the playoffs. If Foster misses a few games or you have any injuries to your WR corps, though, you may be in trouble. Drop STL and one of your backup QB's and try to grab the best available WR and RB on waivers/as a FA, IMO.

Hope that helps. Here's mine: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=536483

EDIT: Looks like you helped with mine while I was typing this up--thanks!
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 508)

Postby Lucky7 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:27 am

nice team. very good starters but depth is thin. I would start with dropping a QB and Def and picking up some lottery tickets/depth at WR and RB on the WW.
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby RC7112 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:36 am

Solid team - no reason to keep more than 1 QB in a 10 team league, you'll have plenty of options on the wire for fill ins, I imagine you'll be starting newton basically every week.

RB is a little thin for a 10 team league, in my opinion...not sure I buy the miller hype quite yet, at least at RB 2...think he's better suited as a flex play, bradshaw will be serviceable.

Very solid at WR and TE

No need to carry 2 DEF's in a 10 teamer either, especially when you have one of the better one's in san fran - I'd drop bradford and st. louis d and pick up some depth at WR and RB off the waiver wire...should be plenty of decent options/fliers available.

kjmiller127 wrote:10 teams, PPR league. Please rate my team, looking for suggestions on maybe some positions need to improve on.

QB (start 1)
Cam Newton
A. Dalton
S. Bradford

RB (start 2)
A. Foster
L. Miller
A. Bradshaw
F. Jackson
Andre Brown

WR (start 2)
Dez Bryant
Daryius Thomas
Kendall Wright
Chris Givens

TE (start 1)
Jimmy Graham

Def (start 1)
San Fran
St. Louis

We also have a flex w/r position

Will help in return, thanks for the help!!!
RC7112
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 18)

Postby kjmiller127 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:37 am

I like having extra QBs and Def for matchups, but wouldn't be opposed to drop STL for someone

Noteable Rbs on waiver wire:
- Mike Tolbert
- Jacquizz Rodgers
- Vick Ballard
- Pierre Thomas
- Knowshon Moreno (Probably top RB of available group)
- Jonathan Dwyer
- Daniel Thomas

Noteable Wrs on waiver wire:
- Malcolm Floyd
- Brian Hartline

Probably would rank
1. Moreno
2. Dwyer
3. Floyd
4. THomas
kjmiller127
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 52)

Postby RC7112 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:46 am

I think your rankings are right - I'm not sure why everyone has moreno ranked so low, he did a great job as the starter at the end of last season, if he can win that job he has top 15 potential. I'm carrying him on all of my teams just because it's basically no risk/very high reward. I'd say taking that chance clearly outweighs carrying a STL defense that might see 2 or 3 weeks of action in your roster this season, and is easily replaceable.

I would also consider dropping bradford and picking up ballard or dwyer, depending on how the RB situations pan out for their respective teams, either player could receive significant touches (ballard would also provide you with added security at RB considering you're carrying bradshaw on your roster). Dalton is a very good backup for Newton - maybe look at the matchups for each of your QBs, is there really going to be a week where you're going to want to start bradford over Newton or Dalton? Just something to consider.

kjmiller127 wrote:I like having extra QBs and Def for matchups, but wouldn't be opposed to drop STL for someone

Noteable Rbs on waiver wire:
- Mike Tolbert
- Jacquizz Rodgers
- Vick Ballard
- Pierre Thomas
- Knowshon Moreno (Probably top RB of available group)
- Jonathan Dwyer
- Daniel Thomas

Noteable Wrs on waiver wire:
- Malcolm Floyd
- Brian Hartline

Probably would rank
1. Moreno
2. Dwyer
3. Floyd
4. THomas
RC7112
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Delhomme17 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:53 am

I don't see the need to "play matchups" when you've got a guy like Cam. Barring an injury, the only time you're going to start anyone else is when he's on a bye, so week 4. I would strongly suggest dropping one of your other QB's; keeping two guys in addition to Cam is, IMO, a waste of a roster spot.

I would pick up Moreno and Dwyer if the WR's you listed are the best guys available. In a 10-team league, that kind of surprises me--would've thought the waiver wire would have some better talent out there at WR.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 508)

Postby dn69141 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:03 am

In relation to what has been said before, If I were you, I'd wait a couple weeks... Sam Bradford could have a breakout year.. this is his first year getting to have a 2nd year offense. He has never had that privilege before and it could make for some big stat improvements. If that were to happen his value in the first few weeks could skyrocket.. trade him off for something else.

I am a fan of having two defenses regardless. Strength of schedule IMO is important and you have two good defenses to change out weekly, doing such has won me games just because I was able to make that change. Simple as that, though.. pairing one with another guy could net you a decent trade too maybe.

Honestly your biggest problem I see right now is your Flex position. I'm going to guess you plan on playing Bradshaw at flex.. or I would, but that's a gamble still, and what I would be concerned about.. is what happens when you start hitting your bye weeks and having to shuffle people around, you could be in for some big "hits" on point scoring.

I apologize I don't know much about values in PPR leagues since I don't play in any... So I just gave you my thoughts. I do think for starters you will do good though regardless, out of them the only one I'd be concerned about is Miller and the Dolphins... I hate seeing good players with craptastic teams haha.
dn69141
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bdub » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:05 pm

I think you have a great team, plain and simple. I think Cam is going to finish in the top 3 in terms of qb fantasy points at the end of the year, wish he fell to me in my league. I agree with the others, I think You should drop STL, I personally never want to waste a bench spot on a defense unless when BYE weeks come into play. PPR wise your in good shape if everyone stays healthy. If Bradshaw's feet hold up, I think thats an awesome pickup. Being a Giants fan, I'm gonna miss his toughness. But if he can stay healthy, he'll pay good dividends I think and personally believe he can put up rb2 numbers.
bdub
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Uguy536 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks for your reply to mine - I mostly agree with what was said above, but I would hold onto your QBs for now until a need arises at another position (injury etc). You are solid at most positions.

QB – I think you are solid here. I tend to go with upside players as well and any of these three could have great games for you. The only issue might be finding when to play them week by week. Obviously Cam is you starter most of the time, but don’t be surprised if you have some tough choices based on match ups

RB – This position is a little weak given the fact that Miller has not technically grabbed the full workload in Miami yet. Also Jackson and Bradshaw are a bit older and could be injured during the year at some point. I do like Bradshaw if he can stay healthy in Indy – he is a guy I always end up with on my teams in past years and although he can be a headache with injury he usually plays through them when he can.

WR – I can tell you used your early picks on this position – you have 2 of the top ten in most ranks. Wright and Givens will also have nice years – especially as your bench WRs

TE – do I even need to comment here…

DEF – Solid choices and can play weekly match ups?

K – do you have one? lol it doesn’t matter which one anyway right?
Uguy536
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)

Return to Roster Ratings