10 Team, Half PPR, 6th Pick... WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 Team, Half PPR, 6th Pick... WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 Team, Half PPR, 6th Pick... WHIR 100%

Postby sixer03fan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:45 am

Yo guys, just had my draft last night. We have a 10 team league, half ppr, and I had the 6th overall pick. We start 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, K, DEF (no flex).

All stats are basic format. 10 yards per point and 6 points per TD for ball carriers. 25 yards pass yards per point and 4 points per pass TD. Remember it's half ppr (0.5 ppr).

Please rate my team and I'll be sure to rate yours if you leave a link. I'll parenthesize the round I drafted the player next to their name.

QB. Cam Newton (5)
WR1. AJ Green (2)
WR2. Demaryius Thomas (3)
WR3. Jordy Nelson (6)
RB1. Jamaal Charles (1)
RB2. Reggie Bush (4)
TE. Jermichael Finley (10)
K. Phil Dawson (14)
DEF. San Francisco (9)
Bench. Ryan Mathews (7), Mike Williams (8), Kenny Britt (11), Bryce Brown (12), Eli Manning (13), Malcom Floyd (15)

Personally, I think my team is pretty stacked. I'm very happy with it and I'm currently projected to finish in first place in the league, although that means very little at this point. I have a minor concern with being able to get TDs consistently and reliably from my starting RBs, but I think with Charles and Bush there is MAJOR upside nonetheless, especially with the half ppr.
sixer03fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10 Team, Half PPR, 6th Pick... WHIR 100%

Postby dn69141 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:13 pm

Newt- Solid Pick will be top 5 unless someone below has a breakout phenomenal year. (complete side note) Just don't like is attitude but I did read how he changed it from last year.

AJ- Love this guy, had him last year, you already know he will be a stud for you

Demaryius- Bronco fan here! Demaryius i was worried about for fantasy this year because of the addition of Wes Welker. Watching the preseason I don't think that Demaryius will be affected, but Decker will drop in value. Demaryius is still the Bronco's #1 go to player and is a stud.

Jordy Nelson- I don't know about this guy, has to compete with James Jones, Randall Cobb. Any of these three any game could take away from the others, that's why I'm skeptical about all of them.

Jamaal- PFF He will do you well you know this!

Reggie Bush- I think this is a bit of a gamble, and as simple as that. I had him with Miami last year, and he sucked. I thought with a contract year he'd of done better, the question is.. was it Miami (which is a valid point) or was it him? He will do better than last year, but how much better.. who knows. PPR League will help him excel!

Finley- I believe being in a PPR league helps his value, guy could break it this year and be a top 3.

Defense... one of the better ones, should do you well.

Mathews is a safe pick I think but Danny Woodhead will take the PPR away from him.

Overall a solid team that should do well.
dn69141
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby duffoholic » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:40 pm

It's always hard for me to judge a 10 teamer as I play 12 and 14 myself so 10 always seems stacked! Here goes nothin!

QB: I like Newton a LOT. He should have another solid year though I am starting to worry about the lack of weapons they are giving him. SS and Olsen are about it these days and this is cause for concern. Grabbing him with your 5th rounder is great value though.

RB: In a half PPR I think you did great! Charles is a huge favourite of mine this year and, while I think Bush will be terrible as a RB this year, he will put up solid WR numbers to supplement his below average rushing. I also like Matthews as a back up though he is high risk/high reward. He will either light it up and be a top 10-15 back in next years draft OR will get hurt again and fall off the radar completely.

WR: This is where you're draft stands out. You got 2 of the top 5 WR's IMO and between Williams and Nelson you have a couple solid guys behind those two studs.

TE: Finley is okay. Not outstanding and probably a feast or famine guy through the season with very little consistency week to week.

Thanks for the help with mine.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 444)

Postby sixer03fan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanks for the input so far.

I like Jordy Nelson and Jermichael Finley this year. Jermichael seems to be on the verge of a breakout year. But I agree with you guys, there are so many receiving options in GB, that both Jordy and Jermichael will be feast/famine week to week. Since GB is such a pass happy offense, I still see both of them putting up good overall numbers throughout the course of the year, it will just be inconsistent. I also don't love having two guys on my squad competing for receptions and TDs in general.

I guess since they're only my 3rd WR and TE, they're pretty easily interchangeable. I can certainly think about trading them for equal talent in order to diversify.
sixer03fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 29)

Postby dn69141 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:25 pm

I too have Jermichael Finley on my team as my starting TE, also have Bennet from the Bears.. hoping one of them breaks it! haha, I think Finley will do fine.
dn69141
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby midwestpatsfan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:54 pm

Thanks for looking at mine,
Like you said, we did draft almost the same team. Great minds think alike I guess.

Love the Bush pick. I had targeted him as well and was so pissed when he went 1 pick ahead of me. He is going to be a beast this year I think.

Not sure how you got so many good RB's. Not high on Matthews, but in the 7th, sign me up.

Overall, great team, glad I don't have to face that lineup. ;-D
midwestpatsfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 13)

Return to Roster Ratings