How does trading draft picks work/what should I do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

How does trading draft picks work/what should I do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How does trading draft picks work/what should I do?

Postby acoustic7 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Hello all!

I have been playing fantasy for a couple years now, and just entered a new ($50) 8-person league. The league is unique in that it has 2 QB spots, and also has a WR/RB flex spot. So basically there are 2 QBs and 3 RBs (one in flex) and 3 WRs. Because of this, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to prioritize drafting QBs or RBs.

I got first pick in the draft, and trading picks is allowed. So, should I trade my first pick for two of someone else's picks? If so, what's a realistic offer for me to try for? Like should I ask for their 2nd and 3rd pick? or their 1st and 2nd pick (maybe if it's the 8th guy). Right now the guy with the 3rd pick is willing to trade with me. I just feel like since there's only 8 of us, getting a top RB and top QB might be better than getting just Adrian Peterson.

Any thoughts and advice are appreciated! Thanks!
acoustic7
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How does trading draft picks work/what should I do?

Postby murphysxm » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:52 pm

Sorry for such a delay on getting an answer, we'll do better next time! For me in a 2 QB league, I wouldn't trade out of the 1 spot unless I was getting a ton back. Even in a smaller league like this, you want atleast one of the stud QB's
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Re: How does trading draft picks work/what should I do?

Postby acoustic7 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:33 pm

thanks! It worked out well, I traded and ended up getting Peyton Manning AND Aaron Rodgers!
acoustic7
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Beginner's Forum