Grade my team please! I will return favor 2QB League! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Grade my team please! I will return favor 2QB League!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Grade my team please! I will return favor 2QB League!

Postby stephenr15 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:13 am

12 team standard scoring and just so you know 4 pts for passing TDs. OP(offensive option) FL(flex)
Weekly Roster: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FL,TE,OP and 8 bench players
2 add/drop until week 4 then on Sunday of week 4 is supplemental snake draft starting with worse record ending with best record.

Already used BOTH add/drop

Starting 8

QB: A Rodgers
RB: A Bradshaw
RB: C Ivory
WR: D Thomas
WR: A Johnson
FL: E Decker
TE: J Cook
OP: C Newton

Bench

BN: E Manuel
BN: D Stanton
BN: J Edelman
BN: R Woods
BN: B Powell
BN: BJGE
BN: M Ingram
BN: L James
stephenr15
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Grade my team please! I will return favor 2QB League!

Postby bdub » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:15 am

Quarterbacks: I love the combination of Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton. You know youre going to get big numbers from Rodgers, and Cam, in my opinion, is going to finish in the top 3 of fantasy points for a quarterback. He really started to pick it up at the end of last season and led my team to the championship game. I think we're going to see more of that this year. Your biggest strength is your quarterbacks I think.

WR: Your wideouts are pretty solid for the most part. I do think your a little thin in terms of depth, but definitely competitive. The one thing Im not a fan of is having 2 wideouts on the same team(Thomas and Decker) on my fantasy team, but to each their own. I might try to trade one of them for another running back.

RB: While you dont have that "top" RB1, I do think if Bradshaw stays healthy, he can put up good numbers. Chris Ivory has the talent, but I'm not too sure if I trust the Jets at this point. I think I'd definitely try to maybe look into a trade for a true number 1 rb. Or when the supplemental draft happens, gun for some of the running backs that may be out there doing well, if there are any.

I drafted EJ Manuel in a late round in my league as well, and hope he pans out.

Overall though, I think you have a good team. I love the qb combo is Cam and Rodgers. Just wondering, what pick did you have in your draft?

viewtopic.php?t=536364
bdub
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:04 am

stephenr15 wrote:QB: A Rodgers
RB: A Bradshaw
RB: C Ivory
WR: D Thomas
WR: A Johnson
FL: E Decker
TE: J Cook
OP: C Newton

Bench

BN: E Manuel
BN: D Stanton
BN: J Edelman
BN: R Woods
BN: B Powell
BN: BJGE
BN: M Ingram
BN: L James

I absolutely love the combo of Rodgers and Newton, in a 2 QB league that is huge value and should keep you competitive just about every week. I also love the fact that you have Manuel on your bench, if he pans out and becomes a poor man's version of the running QBs from last year he could provide great trade value down the line in a 2 QB league. You knocked that position out of the park, and in a 2 QB league thats critical.

As the other poster said im not in love with the RBs, you essentially have 2 injury prone players as your starting RBs. I really like that you backed up Ivory with Powell, that could help to save you a little bit, but im not really sold with any other bench picks. I know its a 12 team league and you focused on QB early but still your starting RBs and bench receivers leave a lot to be desired.

Your 3 starting WRs are rock solid for a 12 team league, but as the other poster said i dont like to have 2 guys from the same team. I find that to be extra true for you when you are really relying on that position to mask your inadequacy at RB. If i were you I would probably try and move Thomas since he has the most value of the 2 and you already have Andre who is a viable WR1. Maybe find a team that will trade you like Ingram and Thomas for like a Ryan Mathews and Garcon or guys of that caliber. Its nice to have studs but I think you have far too little depth and you need a third RB that you feel you can somewhat rely on.

Help with mine??
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=536536
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=536597
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 378)

Postby stephenr15 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:27 pm

I drafted 4 and took Rodgers in first round. Cam went 6th overall but with 4 trades I put this team together. I did the 2 elite QBs because last year I rode Brees and Brady to playoffs with worse RBs and worse WRs.
stephenr15
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Roster Ratings