10-team Auction; 0.5ppr; Yahoo Standard... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10-team Auction; 0.5ppr; Yahoo Standard...

Moderator: Football Moderators

10-team Auction; 0.5ppr; Yahoo Standard...

Postby Willie_McGee » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:07 am

...Non-keeper league.

QB: Flacco, Schaub
RB: Charles, Rice, MJD, Deangelo Williams, Bernard, BJGE, Pierce
WR: Dez, Cobb, Steve Johnson
TE: Cook
D/ST: 49ers, Cincy
K: Dawson

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Willie_McGee
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10-team Auction; 0.5ppr; Yahoo Standard...

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:56 am

Hate the QBs, how did you end up with such miserable QBs in only a 10 team league?? In terms of ADP i dont know if either of these guys crack the top 20 so you would have had to wait until every single team took their backup before even starting to look for a QB to end up with a situation like this. I condone the waiting on QB theory but i think you waited too long, and in an auction league i would have rather just spent a few dollars more and maybe passed on BJGE (got a $1 player instead) to have a better QB

Its obvious you loaded up on RBs and completely blew your budget early on these guys along with Dez and then struggled a bit to round out your QB and the back end of your roster. Your skill starters of Charles, Rice, MJD, Dez, Cobb are likely the best in the league so you did great there. My worry is that your QB is obviously the worst in the league and having Steve Johnson as your backup WR is a bit troublesome as well. I like the fact that you have both Bengals RBs and paired with 3 studs i think you are doing well in that department. I also like having Pierce as the Rice handcuff and potential flex starter on bye weeks

I think with your 3 studs and the 2 Bengals guys and Pierce you are more than OK at RB and can get rid of DeAngelo safely. Stewart will likely come back at some point and the Panthers have a tough start of the year (and an early bye) so he likely wont get any usage during the 6 weeks Stewart is on PUP. I also think because you have 3 super studs you dont need to have the depth that i would normally look for at RB and having 7 of them is complete overkill. I would probably try and dump DeAngelo and BJGE and keep your studs along with your handcuff and Bernard as your high upside flier.

What i would be attempting to do is something along the lines of DeAngelo and one of your QBs for a top 10-12 QB on a team that has 2 solid guys. Even if its just someone like Eli it would be well worth it but i would be trying to get someone more like Romo if i could. I would then take BJGE and either flip him for a guy like Josh Gordon who has some upside and gives you WR depth, or pair him with Stevie and try and get someone more in the Steve Smith range. In short drop your RB depth (not needed because you have your 3 starters locked in) and beef up your WR depth and your starting QB and you will be good
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings