Rank these guys - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rank these guys

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rank these guys

Postby psuman316 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:26 am

PPR keeper format you find yourself in the 7th round and you have your starting lineup filled up, and now looking for depth and and these are the running backs available. Rank em.
28. Daryl Richardson (StL - RB)
29. Giovani Bernard (Cin - RB)
30. Shane Vereen (NE - RB)
31. Rashard Mendenhall (Ari - RB)
32. DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
Thanks in advance
psuman316
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rank these guys

Postby Mr.Joshua » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:58 pm

The 1st 3 are very close, go with your gut, then DWill and then Mendy.....thats how I have them ranked
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby Favre.com » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:52 pm

Richardson
Bernard
DWilliams
Vereen
Mendenhall
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby hanedorm » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:14 pm

Agree with above. I see Richardson having the highest ceiling, followed by Bernard. I would go Richardson all day, as I already have =)
hanedorm
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby big.d57 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:01 pm

Bernard, Richardson, Vereen, Williams, Mendenhall
big.d57
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby LMack » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:50 pm

big.d57 wrote:Bernard, Richardson, Vereen, Williams, Mendenhall

I agree with this. Don't know the exact keeper rules but the potential ability to lock up Gio puts him at the top of this list.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby FireGoodell » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:11 pm

psuman316 wrote:PPR keeper format you find yourself in the 7th round and you have your starting lineup filled up, and now looking for depth and and these are the running backs available. Rank em.
28. Daryl Richardson (StL - RB)
29. Giovani Bernard (Cin - RB)
30. Shane Vereen (NE - RB)
31. Rashard Mendenhall (Ari - RB)
32. DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
Thanks in advance

For me when I'm looking for a backup I'm looking for the guy with the most upside, period. Which is the opposite of what I do in say round 1 when I'm looking to play it VERY safe. For me based on upside I would rank them such.

1. Giovani Bernard: This guy has major upside, ya I know the law firm is still penciled in as the starter but who cares. Bernard is a rare talent, BJE isn't. Think Spiller/Fred Jackson. Although Fred is a better RB than BJE it's a fair comparison of what the situation was last year and we all know how that turned out. I'm not saying Bernard is as talented as Spiller, he isn't, but he's still a very talented RB who's value can far exceed his ADP.

2. De Williams: He finished strong last year and now he does not have to split carries with Stewart for at least half the season, even when or if Stewart return if De is running strong it will not end up being a time share situation again.

3. Rashard Mendenhall: He's an OK RB on a team that will run the ball and he has very little competition for carries. He's nothing special but he's a starting RB that will carry the work load, that has value.

4. Daryl RIcharson: He's on a team that will try to run the ball often but I'm not convinced this guy keeps the job or that he's anything special, but for now the job is his and as with Mendenhall that alone has value.

5. Shane Vereen: I think this guy is being WAY over hyped. For me a nice late round lottery ticket, nothing more.
FireGoodell
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:22 pm

1. Richardson- clear starter, good pass catcher, plenty of upside
2. Vereen- could push 60 catches and has dynamic playmaking ability
Begrudgingly #3. DeAngelo- on the wrong side of 30 and was seriously disappointing for most of last year even when he had the lion's share of the workload, but will get volume early.
4. Bernard- highest upside of the 4, and I'd simply avoid DeAngelo, whereas I'm comfortable gambling on Bernard. He may not be very startable in the early going, but is a nice lottery ticket.
5. Mendenhall- not going to be a big part of the passing game. I still like guys like Ridley and Morris in a PPR because aside from the fact that they don't catch passes, they are elite talents. Mendenhall is just a mediocre player who is also flawed in PPR. He still has value because he's a clear cut starter, but he's a plodder who doesn't catch passes and he's injury prone.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk